Chapter 12

Heartbeat.

They say that soulmates hearts beat in sync.

Iwaizumi wanted to believe that, oh how he wanted to, he would have given anything to hear it.

But once he pressed his ear against Oikawa's chest - he realized just how different their heartbeats were.

Oikawa's was slow and steady, his heart beated to a slow tune, it was calming.

Iwaizumi's, on the other hand, was fast, it felt as if his heart was going to jump out of his chest. Maybe his heart was acting up because he was lying next to Oikawa, maybe because he had just drunk coffee.. No one really knows.

"Iwa-chan.. Has your fever went down?" Oikawa asked softly.

"No.. I don't think so.." Iwaizumi lied. Yes, his fever had went down, but this was one of the only opportunities to lay this close to Oikawa, he even had his head on Oikawa's chest, he could feel Oikawa's hand on back  drawing circles.

"Then rest more... I don't want to see you sick" Oikawa spoke and ruffled Iwaizumi's hair.

Heartbeat.

Maybe it was the atmosphere, or maybe it was the cold winter night, but Oikawa's heart started beating faster.

Maybe it even synced with Iwaizumi's

.

.

.

.

I won't be collecting any more words as I have plenty.
But instead, I will want to know your thoughts and theories on this and upcoming chapters ❤

-hatari.