Chapter 19

Chapter 19:

Ryan got off the bed and went to get Kim. He went downstairs and looked in the living room. She wasn't there. He proceeded to the kitchen and didn't find her there either. He started to panic. He checked back upstairs in the bathroom. He slammed on the door until it broke down. She wasn't in there. Ryan grabbed his jacket and went outside. He found foot prints leading into wolf prints. He turned and followed the prints. He was faster now that he had panic running through his veins. He ran for about twenty minuets before the wolf prints faded out into a pitch black cave. Next to the prints was a trail of blood. He slowly walked inside the cave. He made sure to check every corner for Kim. He got deeper and deeper into the cave, getting darker with each step. He finally found Kim. She was leaning on the wall. When Ryan looked at her she was covered in blood. He saw that a chunk of her side was ripped out. He turned back into human form.

"Kim what happened?"

"Hunters. They.."

"They what?"

"They tried to get me. I kept running. Their gun was out of ammo, so instead they through a bear trap or two. I wasn't really paying attention."

"How long have you been here."

"For about 10-20 minutes."

"Ok we gotta get you outta here. Come on, get up."

"I can't. I've tried to stand but I couldn't."

"Let me help you. Take my hand."

Kim took his hand and tried to stand up. Once she stood about half way up he wrapped one arm around her legs and the other around her back and carried her out of the cave. When he got outside he searched for any threat. When the coast was clear, he started to run back to the house. If he delayed for too long Kim would die. He kept running. He ran as fast as he could. It didn't take long until her slipped on the ice. He held Kim close to him so she wouldn't get hurt. Ryan quickly got back up and started running again. He cannot let Kim die, he just couldn't. He reached the house and opened the door rapidly make his way to the living room and set Kim on the couch gently. He went into the kitchen and grabbed the first aid kit. He got out the supplies he need. He took of her shirt and looked at the wound carefully. It wasn't what he thought it was. It wasn't only one bear trapped, it was many. There was many little indents in her skin. He took the wrapping bandage and lifted her back up. She screamed with pain.

"Sorry Kim. Just hang in there. It will be over soon."

She nodded her head. He continued to lift her up and wrap the bandage around her. When he got the bandage around he secure it with surgical tape. He took the blood soaked shirt and put it in the laundry basket and went upstairs to get her a new one. He found a plain black tee shirt large enough to fit around her with out hurting her even more. He went back down stairs and put the tee shirt on her.

"You need to rest. It will take a few days to heal."

"How many days?"

"I think about three to five days." He said with a nervous smile. Kim thought he was hiding something, but she didn't think it was something serious.

Shouldn't it take less time?"

"That is less time. If you were normal, it would take many months to heal. Now you need to rest. It will take longer if you don't."

"Fine." She said giving in.

He smiled at Kim, but his smile slowly fade as she fell asleep. He knew that with a wound like that, there is only a slight chance of survival. He knew that he might loose Kim forever.