Chapter 21

Chapter 21:

Kim fluttered her eyes open slowly. As she woke up into full consciousness she felt a wave of pain through her stomach. Every move she made made it worse, even the slightest little ones. She tried to sit fully up. Kim strayed on her shoulders propping her up. Though it gave he pain, she continued to sit up. It felt like her stomach was tearing away. It felt better yet worse. Better than it was fresh, but worse then the day before. How can she be alright when every day it felt worse then the last. She continued to sit up, the pain got to her and made her fustrated with every move. She finally got to the position she wanted to be in. She sat up right and was still. The pain had stopped once she stopped moving. Kim looked at Ryan making sure she didn't wake him. Even though she was silent in her mind she was screaming with pain. Ryan was still asleep. Kim tried to move on to the next step, standing. She wanted to be able to run with Ryan in the mountains again. She wanted to be free. She moved her legs from under the blanket. Her feet touched to carpet floor. She moved her body with her arm support and she felt no pain, however when she tried to rise the horrible pain was back. She fought off the pain and continued her motions. She slid to the tip of the couch. Kim used her arms to help her stand to her feet. She stood up slowly making sure not to move to fast. She had excitement through her veins. She could actually stand up she though to herself, but as soon as she stood up right she calapsed to the floor. She knew she wasn't paralyzed but she couldn't stand back up. The wound on her stomach wouldn't let her. She was on the arms and knees an started to lightly cry. Ryan woke up instantly when he herd the thump on the floor. He went to go help Kim.

"What are you doing on the floor." He said joking yet serious.

"I was trying to stand up. I guess that wasn't a very good idea." She said still crying.

"You can't stand yet, you need a few more days of rest."

She turned to her back and closed her eyes. She didn't want Ryan to she her cry anymore.

"Hey, look me." He said as he held her chin.

She opener her eyes.

"You'll be okay Kim."

"Why do you keep saying that!" She said with rage. "You always say that, but the next day it's worse then the last!"

"If you hadn't ran away this wouldn't have happened in the first place!" He said with a sharp tone.

"You were the one who yelled at me!"

They both sat in silence. Ryan remembered that night, the night where he reminded her of Jackson. He even beloved he was Jackson himself.

"I'm sorry Kim."

She didn't respond back. She was pissed off at Ryan, how he had been lying to her about her health hadn't been right. When she looked at him he could see how mad she was.

"Kim, I dot mean to remind your of Jackson."

The remembrance of Jackson made Kim shrivel inside. How he torched her, made her into his own victim.

"I was just mad. Mad that I couldn't protect you that night."

"Ryan.."

"Let me finish. There is nothing more I want then to spend time with you, but every time I feel your scars or look at them I feel guilt inside. Now you have this terrible wound and it's my fault. It's my fault you've been hurt like this."

"Ryan you never made me feel hurt, at all. None of this is your fault. It's mine and Jackson's actions."

"Did you ever sleep with him?" He asked fastly.

"Excuse me?"

"Did you ever sleep with Jackson?"

"Yes. I have."

Anger went through his mind his face almost turned red.

"When."

"Ryan, why are you asking?"

"When."

"Before I met you. It was in the summer. Jackson knocked on my door and he had been drinking and then the next moment I realize I was awake in bed next to Jackson with no clothes on but my underwear."

She was waiting for Ryan's reaction, but he gave non. He just stood there silent.

"Here let me help you back on the couch." He said with a whisper.

Ryan lifted Kim back on the couch and went upstairs to the room. Kim just laid there. She woundered why he had asked that question in the first place. Jackson didn't matter anymore. She drifted back to sleep with regret.