Chapter 3

Chapter 3:

Kim went looking for Ryan the next day at school and instead ran into Jackson. She felt very weird running into him considering their future and how awkward it is.

"Hey Kim, I've herd what happened with you and Ryan yesterday and I want you stay away from him. I've herd bad things about him. Unspeakable things." Said Jackson.

" Thanks Jackson, but I think I can handle myself." Said Kim with a little edge in her voice.

"I just want you to be careful." Responded Jackson.

"Well maybe you should just worry about yourself for now Jackson. you shouldn't judge someone just from rumors!" Shouted Kim

Then Jackson pushed Kim into the lockers surrounding her with his arms on her side. With a hard glare he looked into her eyes. Her eyes startled.

"You shouldn't talk to your husband to be like that, now should we?" He said with a devilish smile.

"Jackson get out of my face." Kim said quietly regretting her tone with him earlier.

Before he left he planted a quick kiss his on her check. Leaving a warm spot on her cheek. It felt weird to her. Even though he did it last year and the year before that, it still didn't feel right to her. Kim had feelings for Jackson, but not like "the one" feelings. Even though he acted like a jerk during school, after words he his a sweetheart. Kim and Jackson always had to spend time with each other after or during school, commanded by parents so they would get to know each other better. As her day went past she caught up with Ryan after school and it seemed like he wanted to tell Kim what had happened yesterday, but it couldn't come out.

"What happened yesterday?" Kim asked.

"What do you mean?" Asked Ryan nervously.

" You know what I mean. Your eyes."

"What about about them?"

"They changed color. From brown to golden and back."

"Listen, you cannot tell a living soul what happened yesterday. Got it?"

"Can you please at least..."

He stormed off before Kim could finish her sentence. She wandered what was going on. If she could ever get it out of him. She thought maybe if she got to know him a little better everything would come out. All the secrets. The next day in science was very interesting for Kim. During science, he dropped a glass bottle on the floor containing an explosive chemical. As he dropped it someone dropped a lot match along with it. Before the flame could touch the chemical, Ryan jumped for Kim, for she was near the spill. After they landed, Kim within Ryan's arms, she looked him in his eyes and it happened again. Brown to gold and back. She was memorized by his eyes. She hadn't gotten so close to them to realize, they were the most beautiful eyes she has ever seen. Ryan got up, breaking the trans, asking for Kim's hand to help her up. As she was standing up, they got closer. So close they could feel each other's heat, but Ryan moved away, then walked off without another word. She was very confused, but when she looked over near Jackson, he had jealously raging in his eyes. Kim wanted to feel Ryan's heat again. When he left she felt cold, alone. Like nothing but his warmth would make her feel not alone. Like she is wanted.