The Bad Boy Is My Enemy (19)

Two weeks later...

I huff loudly as my mum readjusts my hair for the tenth time, undecided on which curly locks are to be clipped up. Once she's finished, I powder my face, happy with my make up and the long light blue dress I had decided upon, despite the fact I hate dresses with a passion.

Ding dong.

My mother claps her hands in excitement and rushes downstairs to the door. I admit, I'm excited. I hear my mum welcome Alex and Elaine inside, both our parents squealing over how handsome Alex looked. I take one last glance in the mirror and head downstairs.

The first person I see is Alex, dressed in a black tux with a matching tie. His hair was styled messy, looking gorgeous and when he spotted me, his smile made the image perfect.

"Looking good Parker" I grin as I reach him.

"And I wish I could say the same about you" he winks and I laugh , swatting at him and scowling.

"Beautiful" he whispers and a smile forms on my lips. Our mothers then rejoin us, leaving their old conversation behind.

"Can you believe our babies are actually stood together and not biting each other's head off!" My mother fishes the camera out of the draw and hurries is into the garden.

"Who would have thought! Sixteen years of claiming to hate one and other and now they're prom dates!!" Elaine joins my mother with her camera in hand, both sharing big smiles.

I chuckle, rolling my eyes along with Alex. Our parents were thrilled when they found out we were dating. Of course, we played it cool. A movie date, he came to mine a lot over the past few weeks, I spent even more time at his. Suspicions were raised, blah blah blah.

Though the bet situation had definitely not being forgiven and Alex has a whole lot of making up to do, I think we can say not ripping each other's heads off had gotten slightly easier.

As for Jace and Tara, they broke up. Tara doesn't come around much anymore, understandably, Jace did cheat on her. That being said, Jace hasn't been around much either, he is mega pissed at Alex. He feels guilty for calling Jace out, I see it in his face when he spots Jace at school, who refuses to even talk to Alex, though he was at Grayson's the other night when Alex had to be elsewhere. He's hurt.

Jace didn't do much with the girl. A simple kiss that ruined their relationship. This is why parties and getting stoned are never the right option.

But, despite it only being one kiss. Tara hit rock bottom. She claimed she had enough of the lies, the constant jealousy she felt when she saw girls ogling over him. She was done. That was the last I heard from her.

It sucks, the group is partially torn up right now. With Alex and Jace not talking, Tara gone, it's not the same lately.

"Earth to Max!" My mother waves her hand in my face impatiently and I snap out of my thoughts.

"Okay pose for the camera kids!" Elaine looks through her camera and Alex and I smile. Though it seems it's taking everything Alex has not to groan and make a fuss over pictures.

"Put your arm around Max!" My mother demands.

"Mummmm!" I groan and get the death glare in return. After a few snaps of the camera, Alex and I are climbing into Grayson's car, who pulled up late, only moments ago.

"No prom date?" I ask Grayson, who speeds down the streets.

"Not yet" he mumbles.

Not yet? We are literally on our way to our school prom.