6

" FUCKING two months in this place and I already wanna get outta here." Brendon said loudly as he sat at the lunch table with his tray.

"I know dude,but come on,it's senior year. I'm happy we're a month in."
Dallon replied,everyone nodding in agreement.

Over the past month,Tyler has grown comfortable with Dallon and josh...especially josh.

He could be himself around them,talk to them without stuttering-as much.

And he trusted them with everything he had,which he'd learned was a bad idea to do with anybody a long time ago,but he couldn't help it.

He truly cared about each of them,and they cared about him.
Tyler had never felt more normal.

"So,Melanie's suppose to have a party next week on Friday." Brendon began, "im sure as hell not going alone and Sarah's gonna be out of town."

He looked around at him friends as he opened his bag of chips.

"Melanie? I don't know man.." Dallon said.

"What? You got a problem with 'er?"

"She growled at me in class,bro."

"She is weird,but-she's notorious for her epic parties."

"I mean,I guess I'm in then. You guys?"

He looked at Tyler and josh.

Brendon's stomach churned. The thought of Tyler going to a party and having an anxiety attack or getting hurt,it just scared the shit out of him.

He's an overprotective friend,he can't help it that he loves somebody.

"I-I'm not all that into parties,ya know?" Josh said.

"Yeah me either." Tyler added.

"Come on,josh. She only has one party a year and they're the greatest!" Dallon begged.

"Come on man I-"

"Pleeeeaaassseee joshhhhh!!!! It would mean a lot,you're so goddamn antisocial."

"Uuuggghhhhh,fine! But only if Tyler goes."

He looked back at Tyler with hopeful eyes.

Brendon went all wide-eyed and looked at Tyler,hoping he'd say no and just stay home and read.

"Uh,um-i don't know guys,you know how i am."

"Tyler..." josh looked at him right in his eyes.
Tyler sat up straighter,looking right back.

"You don't have to,but it'd be good for you."

"Yeah,I guess it would."

Tyler thought it over for a second. Would this mean he was normal if he went to a party? Not to mention one--if not THE biggest party of the year.

"I-y-yeah. Yeah I'll go." Tyler smiled,the thoughts of how scared and alone he's gonna be completely forgotten.

"YES!" Dallon exclaimed with a straight face.

Josh smiled widely at his friend.
Proud of him.

"T-Tyler are you sure?" Brendon whispered to him.

"Yeah,man,I'll be fine."

"Okay,yeah,yeah you'll be good." Brendon still felt unsure about him letting Tyler go.

Not that Tyler was fragile,or a twink.
It's just,he's never been to a party. He's so innocent,he doesn't know what he's getting himself into.

"Josh,your the designated driver,since you almost never drank. And Tyler,since it's your first party it's not fair to make you drive a bunch of drunk guys home."
Dallon explained,something told Tyler he had thought about things like this a lot.

"Sounds good to me." Josh said simply.

Then Tyler watched as Brendon and Dallon conversed about girls and drugs and sex.

Not josh though. Josh was watching Tyler.

Tyler looked over to see deep brown eyes staring at him. He looked back at them when they didn't look away.

And it made his heart warm.

Made him feel something that made no sense.

But he didn't care,it felt good.

"Right Tyler?" He heard Dallon say.
He quickly shook himself out of his thoughts,still feeling Josh's eyes on him.

"What?"

"You would drink,right?"

"I uh,I dunno-I never have and it's probably not a good thing to mix meds for being a psycho with alcohol."

Dallon laughed a bit. "Tyler,you're not a psycho."

"Who are you,my mom? I know what I am."

He looked at josh. Who's heart was aching upon hearing Tyler call himself that.

"Should a drink?" Tyler asked him.

"You should do whatever you want when ever you feel like it. Plus,you get exceptions,perks if you will. I would know. They let you drink at 17 and let you go on grand trips because they don't know what's going on in your head. Illness perks,that's all."

His tone was like he was a confident student giving a presentation.

Which was the opposite of who he was.

"Besides,you have a week until the party,I wouldn't worry about it."

The bell rang,everyone standing up with their bags and old trays to throw away.

tons of kids shuffled out the door of the cafeteria.

Tyler and Josh walked side by side to the next class they bags together: English.

Tyler liked English. He liked writing and poetry,

Josh thought it was okay,it he always had Tyler come over after school to hang out and do homework,and he always needed help with that subject.

They walked down the hall,up the stairs,and eventually made it to
Ms. Jansons room.

They sat down in their usually seats next to each other,and not a word was said.

Until...

"Tyler,"

"Hm?" Josh could tell for some reason,Tyler was exhausted. He most likely hadn't slept in a while,that thought made Josh's heart hurt.

Tyler laid his head down in his arms on his desk.
He was so cute when he was sleepy.

"How are you?"

"I don't really know."

And that was where it ended.
Josh stopped asking;Tyler stopped responding.

Because josh never exsisted and Tyler was crazy and lit himself on fire

Nah
I won't do that y'all

Yet