T w e n t y T w o ;

Karina POV

I stood in front of Enzo's door quietly debating if I really want to know the truth or not.

I sighed then knocked on the door.

It took a couple seconds but the door swung open.

"Hey." I smiled.

"Hi. Come in." He said moving away from the doorway.

I walked in then put my purse down on the desk before jumping up to sit on it too.

"Where's Karley?" He asked.

"With Benji." I answered.

He nodded, "Cool. So what did you want to talk to me about?"

I took a deep breath, "About what happened the other night."

"What happened?" He asked turning away from me and typing away at his phone.

"You don't remember?" I asked.

"Remember what?"

"What you told me." I said.

He sighed, "I have no idea what your talking about."

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, "The night you got drunk off your ass you told me that you loved me and I want to know if it's true or not."

He stared at me for a moment, "Cass loves you." He said.

"That's not what I want to know Enzo." I said.

"Karina just forget it, I was drunk that night. I didn't know what I was saying." He said.

"No. Tell me the truth Enzo." I said jumping off of the desk then moving to stand in front of him.

"The truth? Why? It's not like you're gonna do anything about it." He snapped.

"I want to know the truth Enzo!" I said.

He groaned, "You wanna know the truth? Well here it is. Yeah I love you alright? All the side comments I always made were to try to get you to realize it but no. You only paid attention to the likes of Zack Ryder and Baron Corbin. Now you're dating my best friend, and I'm sitting here cursing his damn name because of you! You and all your damn beauty. I honestly could fucking hate you right now! And it's my fault because all that time I knew I was falling for you. Even when Dana and Charlotte told me you liked Cass so that I 'could help you two get together.' and when Cass told me he liked you. I knew and I never tried to stop myself because I thought, maybe, just maybe you would choose me over Cass." He said.

I stared at him quietly.

"You think I don't know that Cass is basically every woman's dream? He's tall, handsome, chill. Then there's me, a Jersey Jerkoff with crazy hair and 'pretty eyes' also known as Cass' funny, out of control best friend who never goes away." He said.

"That's not what you are at all Zo." I said.

"Save it Karina.... I knew you would choose him eventually but I thought that maybe if I showed you and Karley the same amount of love he does you would at least consider me. But you didn't. I'm just a guy who's like your brother." He said.

I suddenly got overwhelmed with emotion and started to cry.

"Enzo.. I never thought that you would ever feel like this. And I never want to hurt you in any way. I never intended for any of this to happen...." I started to cry harder.

"Karina.." he trailed off.

"I don't think you're just Cass' out of control best friend. I think you're an amazing person and you deserve to be loved by someone who adores you and only you. Someone who couldn't give two shits about Colin. But I love him Zo. And it's not fair to you, I know that."

He sighed turning his gaze to his shoes.

"But I see how you've been acting towards him lately. You're not spending as much time with him. You barely have been talking to him and I can see that it's hurting him. I can't be the person between you two Enzo. I can't." I said through my tears.

"What are you saying?" He asked.

"It's not fair to you Enzo. The last thing I ever want to do is hurt you. And if me being with Colin is hurting you, I can't be with him." I said.

His head snapped up to look at me then he shook his head, "No Karina! The reason why I've hid it so long is because I know Cass loves you. He's never loved somebody more. Ever!"

"Well I can't live with myself if you two aren't friends anymore because of me. You and Colin are best friends. I can't be the one to break that up." I said.

He sighed then ran his hand over his face, "And I can't be the reason he's not happy Karina."

"But you're not happy Enzo! How do you expect me to stay with him now knowing how you feel about me? Why would I purposely want to rub it in your face? I don't Enzo." I said.

"God, I just shouldn't have said anything!" He groaned.

"And torture yourself every day?" I asked.

"I would rather be hurting than to be the reason both of you are! I love you Karina but Cass is my best friend. I know that he loves you. He's gonna be hurt by this, trust me." He said.

I shook my head, "Enzo.."

He cut me off, "You can't break up with him Karina."

"I have to Enzo. I promise he won't know why, I just can't keep on dating him when it's hurting you. You know I care about you Zo."

"But you love him Karina." He said

"And he loves you too. You're his brother Enzo. I'm just another woman. There are plenty more who can replace me. No one can replace you." I said.

"Stop."

"No. I already made my decision Zo. I'm gonna ask Stephanie for a few weeks off so that I can get used to Karley now that she's walking so it'll work out." I said.

"Karina..."

"It's okay Enzo. Thanks for telling me the truth." I said before picking my purse up off the desk.

"Don't do it." He said sighing.

"You have to be there for him Zo." I said before opening the door then walking out.

As I walked down the hall I heard something crash into the wall of his room.

As much as I don't want to do it, I have to.

I need to get this over with quick.

~

Are you guys crying? Cause I am 😭😭 She cares so much about the Enzo she would break her own heart to make sure he's not hurting.

But.. just like Enzo said. Cass is gonna be the one who's hurt. 😐💔

Comment & Vote ❤️✨