44.

Taylor's POV:

3 years later:

"HAPPY GRADUATION!" My mum screamed as I met her at the car park of my apartment block. I wrapped my arms around her feeling so grateful to have her here. Mum told me Jess has gone traveling to find herself so she wouldn't be attending.

"Your looking thin.. please tell me you've stopped smoking" she fussed as I helped her carry her bags up to my apartment, I moved in here officially after my first year.. I guess I found the strength to live alone.

"So what time is the ceremony?" She asks excitedly.

"Half 12 mum" I rolled my eyes knowing I've told her this a million times.

"And have you told him.. that it's today" she said turning more serious in her voice.

"Mum I've told you I haven't spoke to him since he came here... nearly 3 years ago" I mumbled.

"Have you seen how well him and the boys have been doing? They've got a number one album Taylor!"

"Yeah I've seen" I shrugged not really wanting to talk about it, yes I was proud of Brad and the boys but they were constantly in the news papers about their love lives.. especially Brad. He was rumoured to be dating one of the girls from Little Mix, but like I said rumoured but it still hurt to see his name with another girls.

"How about we go out for lunch.. just us two" my mum said as she could see sadness taking over my face. I nodded and grabbed my car keys as we headed into town.

/ /

Our food had arrived and as I started tucking into my chicken salad I couldn't help but feel the sense that someone was staring at me. I started scanning the room quickly when my eyes drifted over a familiar brown pair, but as I snapped my gaze back they were gone... what the fuck.

This can't be happening again.

When I left home and first came here without Brad I stared seeing him everywhere I went, it drove me insane.. I can't let that happen again.

"Darling" my mum said snapping me out of my head. "I can't believe how much you've grown from that naughty teenage girl to beautiful woman with an amazing future infront of her" she said raising her wine glass. "To your future" she said and copied her action raising my wine glass and tapping it against hers.

Suddenly my phone buzzed on the table beside me, I picked it up to see a message from Jamie.

Happy Grad day babe, sorry I can't be there but FaceTime me when you get home. Love ya lots miss you sexy x

"Who's that?" My mum asks.

"Jamie" I smile at the text and reply.

"It's a shame he couldn't be here.. he's been missing you a lot" she said sipping her wine.

Once we finished we headed back home to start getting ready for the ceremony.

I unlocked my front door to see none other then Jamie standing there in my hallway!

"Jamie?!" I freak out and jump on him wrapping my legs around him as he catches me.

"What the hell are you doing here!! I thought you couldn't make it?!" I said as he put me back down on the floor.

"Oh well if your not happy to see me I'll go!" He joked.

"No you dick!" I drag him back and hug him again.

"I've just gotta make a work call quickly" my mum rushed into the kitchen.

"I thought you had work commitments and couldn't make it" I said raising my eyebrow at Jamie helping him with his bag into the living room.

"I quit!" He said collapsing into my sofa. Jamie got a really good job as a stockbroker in London, he was getting paid unbelievable amounts, why would he quit?!

"What?! Why?"

"I wasn't happy Tay, it was such a stressful vibe I couldn't take it no more... I wanna go into radio presenting" he said shocking me.

"Really?" I asked laughing lightly.

"Yeah! I've been talking to Brad and he's good friends with Roman Kemp who's presenter at Capital and brads hooked me up with an interview there!" He said, but all I could focus on him, the mention of his name, the fact he hadn't got in contact with me since he left that letter that now sits framed on my bed side table next to a picture of me and him, as if he'd passed away.

"Sorry.. I forgot you were in awkward basis with him" he said placing a hand on my thigh.

"So what's the plan for after graduation then!" He said swiftly changing the subject.

"Well I did an internship at teen vogue magazine and they offered me a full time job there once I had finished uni" I said proudly.

"Wow that's epic man!" He said sounding just a she did when we was 16.

"So would you have to move to New York?"

"No they have an office in London, id be moving there but mums helped me pick out the perfect studio apartment, oh Jamie you'd love it, so spacious and open! I can't wait to move there!"

"It's good to see you back to the old you Taylor, it's good to see you looking forward to things instead of fearing them"

"It took some time but I finally fought my demons" i smiled at Jamie.

"Come on guys! Let's start getting ready don't want to be late!" My mum panicked, I walked off into my room and started getting ready for my graduation.

I just wish he knew it was today, I saw on Connors snapchat story that they were currently in India doing some live shows there, so there was no way he would be able to know what today is, besides he's busy doing better things with his life he doesn't have time to come to my small, crappy graduation ceremony.