Chapter One

"Daniel! Give me back my Barbie!"  I chased my brother around the house, straining for my Barbie, which fulfills my happiness in life. Daniel knew that I took her everywhere and I never let her out of my sight, yet he keeps taking it! Ugh. I hate boys! (Except, for cute ones).  

"Ha ha! Never!"

"Danny, please!"

"No! Ha, ha, ha, ha, you're never gonna get it! You can't ca-."

"Daniel. Give Dani's doll back to her. Now," Mom said calmly, but scarily. Daniel's eyes widened and obeyed her immediately. "I'm sorry, Mo-" 

"I don’t want to hear it, Daniel, go to the kitchen and sit."  Daniel put his head down, making him appear shorter, and trudged towards the stairs. He took a glance at me and I stuck my tongue out at him. I beamed with pride as he walked downstairs, until Mommy said something in my ear, "Daddy is going to throw your barbies away because you're too old for them anyway." And after that I ran to room and hid all of my barbies, except for the one that I was playing with. She looked ugly because her shirt had one boob popping out probably from the way she was being roughly handled and her shorts were riding up. I immediately fixed her clothes and combed her hair out. Now, she looks pretty.

I hate Daniel, it's all his fault for making Mommy say that my Barbie's will be thrown away.

                                                                                     ~~~

I didn't hate him. I never hated him. I was temporarily enraged because he was the reason for the disposal of my barbies. I never hated my brother. He is-was my best friend, my sister, and my brother. I sat down on my bed and grabbed the picture frame showing my brother's big genuine smile. "Smiling is contagious. It’s simple logic," was always his quote. But, now he can’t say it because he was killed by some idiot, who had the nerve to go and discontinue the pumping of his heart.

 "Dani! Come downstairs for dinner," Mom said from the kitchen, Hearing "dinner" reminded me of Danny. It was his favorite meal of the day; he and I would always eat out of the pots when there as leftovers. Hearing "dinner" made me want to cry just because of all the memories inside that 6-letter word. Although, I didn't want to eat, I reminded myself that food is a necessity of life, especially mine, so I went downstairs following the scent of turkey burgers and fries. As I reached downstairs, I saw my mother and my father seated at the table talking about me.

I quickly ducked so that they wouldn't be able to see me.

"She is too depressed. All she does is stay in her room, probably crying a river and looking at pictures and staring out the window as the rain po-" That was definitely Mom, she is so melodramatic and acts like she is in a drama.

“Okay, Jennifer I understand your point, but you're being a little melodramatic? Don’t you think?”

“No, I’m not, Kevin! My poor baby is sad because some criminal killed Daniel! Daniel Robin Jones was killed and that is something that can't be undone. ”Mom sat in silence, pondering about something “Wait, maybe we could just say it was a well-known criminal that did it who is about to be incarcerated, but continue to solve the case without her knowing.”

That doesn’t settle with me well. I decided to speak out until Dad basically took my words.

“We are not lying to our daughter. She wants to be in this case as much as we do and she was very close to Daniel.” Well said, Dad. I finally stood up because I was getting hungry and my back was starting to hurt. Mom was startled by my presence and widened her eyes. Then, she had a reprimanding expression on her face. “Why are you eavesdropping? You know how disrespectful that is!”

“I wasn’t eavesdropping,” I stated bluntly.

“Then, what were you doing, Dani?”

“I fell for a really long time and like, I had a hard time getting up. And, um….I love you.”

Mom just stared at me with a frustrated look and when I glanced at Dad, he just started laughing. Mom glared at him and I just stared, I was too depressed to laugh.

After a while, Mom’s glare and my stare made him gain his sense and eventually he stopped laughing. I walked over to the dinner table to sit down and did prayer. I stared down at my plate. Turkey burger and fries. This was his favorite meal, too. Why are they torturing me? I devoured my food and avoided talking so I could run upstairs.

I turned on my computer to go through the files about investigation of the murder of my brother, which was called DJR23 for confidentiality. My mother and I (Dad isn’t involved. He can’t solve anything, he can’t even understand the CamJanSen series) are working with investigators to solve the murder of my brother.

Investigation #198 – DJR23

Victim: Daniel Robin Jones

Suspect: Unidentified

Evidence: Footprint of Timberland Boot, Wheat, Size 6 in dirt

-       Location: Unknown Swamp

-       Body inside of black body bag, fatal stab wounds to the heart; gunshot to heart

-       Two joggers were near bag, found it, and reported it.

-       Bottle of Gatorade and basketball shorts found inside of body bag

Other participants: Danielle Robyn Jones (Age: 16) and Jennifer May Jones (Age 47)

Updated Conclusion: A teenage or young adult male killed Daniel Jones on April 15, 2013, the murder was out of passion.

I closed the document and turned off my computer. I went under my covers and drifted off to sleep.

              That murderer wasn’t getting away with anything. And that’s my word.

 Author's Note:

Hey, guys.  I really hope you enjoy this story and hopefully enough to get a vote. :D But, anyways, I hope your day is filled with flip flops and chocolate!

                                         xShaunyx