Chapter 4

"Oh um," Miya said, a little unprepared as Amelia was usually the one who took charge of meetings like this, and she honestly liked it that way, "Well, I'm Miya and that's my colleague Miss. Washington, but you can just call her Amelia." Miya rambled on, as Amelia left the room.

Blake had to admit, he was surprised to see her here. Though he knew he had this meeting coming up, he usually didn't really care much who was going to be there, now he felt kinda bad for showing up late.

"Yes?" Amelia questioned, walking into Freddy's office, where she saw him seated at his desk.

"Are you insane?" He asked, looking up at her as she closed the door and took a seat.

"No," She shook her head, "What, are you mad because I was resting my eyes?"

"You were doing a whole lot more than 'resting' your eyes, Amelia." He glared, crossing his arms, "Look all I'm saying is that it was very unprofessional, and he's a big client."

"I'm unprofessional?" She asked in surprise, "They showed up almost two hours late!" She reminded him, "I have a lot of things going on here, Freddy."

"Look I know," Freddy nodded, "But they're the client, you know what this means."

"All I'm saying Freddy," Amelia started, "Is that you were very secretive and casual about the whole situation, if you would've told me beforehand then-"

"Amelia," He stopped her, "We are so happy you're here. But, I'm getting this vibe that you're not feeling the same." He frowned.

"I just miss home," She admitted, "It's whatever," She sighed, "Should I go back now or what, because I already have to come in tomorrow to make up for all of this."

"Yeah," Freddy nodded, "Just, you know what you need to do."

Amelia nodded at him as she closed his door and took a deep breath before walking back into the conference room. She walked in while Miya was in the middle of explaining their options.

"Sorry about that," Amelia forced a smile, taking her original seat, moving her coffee over to make room for her papers and trying her best to avoid eye contact. 

"I didn't really get through all of his options yet," Miya stated, "We got a little off track, Blake was showing me a picture of his son, he is sooo adorable." She swooned, eyeing Amelia.

"Okay, no problem." Amelia said, "I'll go over everything again just so it's clear." She continued, shuffling through her papers as Blake, his people, and Miya kept talking about kids.

"Aww." Miya swooned again, as Blake pulled out another photo of his son on his phone, "Amelia look."

"Very cute." Amelia smiled, glancing at the photo and going back to her paperwork, so she could get this meeting over with. She had no idea Blake had a son, and though he was a cute kid that wasn't why they were all there.

"Do you want any kids?" Blake asked directed towards her, as Amelia basically choked on the sip of coffee she was taking.

"That's a little personal, Mr. Griffin, don't you think?" She asked, with a slight laugh as the two older guys he brought with laughed along.

"Just makin small talk." He defended, with his arms up.

"Well," She continued, "Let's go over these," She said turning the papers backwards so Blake and his team could read them, "Now, Miya went over these two with you, but there's also a third option." She elaborated, continuing to explain the third option, while Miya interjected to tell them the differences between this one and the others she talked about.

Periodically, she'd catch Blake looking at her instead of the papers, but she quickly shook it off as she finished up her spiel.

"So," Miya concluded, "Now it's just whatever you guys wanna do." She stated, "Whenever you make a decision, just let us know."

"We definitely will." One of Blake's associates smiled, getting up to shake the ladies' hands.

"Nice to meet you all." Amelia said, with a smile, shaking the two older men's hands, then Blake's. His hand was so warm, not to mention pretty huge. Quickly ending their exchange, she picked up her belongings and led the way to the door, holding it for everyone.

"We did good!" Miya whispered in her ear before walking out the door as Amelia just gave her a nod.

"Hey," Blake said catching the two women, staying behind as the other two men continued towards the exit, "Walk me out?" He asked, as Amelia put all her stuff down on her desk. She could see Freddy giving her a look from his desk and decided she better do it.

"Sure." She sighed, leading them to the elevator as she adjusted her blazer, hitting the down arrow.

"So, you catch a little z's before I got here?" He teased her as the elevator doors opened and they stepped in.

"I tried to," She crossed her arms, "To be fair, I didn't know when you were going to show up."

"Yeah sorry we were late." He apologized, "It wasn't on purpose, I swear." He smirked, "I had no idea you even worked here.''

"Yeah," she nodded as they finally made it to the lobby, "Our boss didn't tell us who was coming either, if I knew it was you I would've gone to sleep a lot earlier."

"Oh really?" He laughed, he liked her she was funny,

"Probably." She shrugged, "But you decided to come sooo late." She shook her head, "And now I'm the one in trouble."

"I'm sorry!" Blake smiled, "I'll make it up to you," He nodded, looking down to meet her eyes, "Tomorrow, come to Dj's." He persisted.

"No way!" She laughed, "You were so late that now I have to come into work tomorrow, who knows how long I'll be here."

"Really?" He questioned, now he felt really bad, "Just stop by, I promise it'll be a lot of fun!" He assured, "Plus I mean I'm gonna be there so." He grinned, moving slightly closer to her.

"Look," Amelia began, "Blake, I don't know if you feel like you have to be nice to me because I'm Carmelo's friend or you're trying to make up for something, but seriously, it's okay." She sighed, as Blake gave her a puzzled look, "All I'm saying, is that I appreciate you're just trying to be nice, but it's okay, you don't have to feel sorry for me or whatever." She rambled on. 

"Feel sorry for you?" He repeated, "Nah, Amelia that's not it at all," Blake shook his head, "Actually I like y-"

"Ah," Amelia interrupted him, causing him to break out into a large grin, "I should go back up." She hated  talking about feelings or basically anything that had to do with them, and she knew if she kept letting this hot stranger talk she would say something either embarrassing or awkward.

"You sure about that?" Blake whispered, inching closer to her.

"Yeah," She said quietly, lost in his eyes for a moment, "Yup," she said again, taking a step back from him, "I have a lot to catch up on now, remember." She joked, taking a deep breath.

"Ah yes," Blake fake remembered, "Sorry about that seriously." He smiled, "But, good thing I'm gonna be able to make it up to you because you're coming to Dj's."

"Yeah, we'll see about that." Amelia shook her head.