Chapter 3

Amelia woke up the next morning in a haze as she tried as hard as she could to open her eyes. Her loud ass alarm was going off and she immediately regretted setting it. Finally stopping it and seeing it was 5:30 in the morning she let out a sigh. She wasn't going to lie to herself, she was a little hungover from the night before. But, that wasn't going to stop her, she promised herself (and her dog) that'd she'd walk him four times a week, and she had to go today if she didn't want to get up this early over the weekend.

Finally peeling herself out of her warm covers, she quickly got dressed and put on cropped yoga pants and a thin hoodie. Throwing her hair up, she searched for Oliver's leash in her drawer as the little pug approached her feet, aggressively wagging his tail.

"I know buddy, hold on." She said, finally locating the leash and attaching it to his collar. This was her new routine, taking Ollie on walks in the morning, going to work, maybe going to the gym or hanging out with Bryan or Miya, then repeating it over again.

Amelia had never had the best of luck with relationships. Her parents had been divorced since she was a small child and the way they acted around each other, still to this day, made her never want to be in a relationship. She didn't want to end up like them, so she'd sort given up on dating.

She brushed the thoughts out of her mind as she made it down to the street with Oliver. It was already starting to get hot out, great. Another thing she hated about LA, did a breeze never pass through?

Regretting wearing her hoodie, though it was thin, she decided against going up to change and just kept walking with Ollie down their usual path. She put her music on shuffle, as one head phone was in her left ear with the other dangling down at her side. Looking down she saw Oliver looking around with his tongue hanging out, at least someone was happy.

They'd been walking for 20 minutes when they finally approached the dog park. Amelia let Oliver off his leash in the gated dog friendly area and decided she'd let him roam around for around ten minutes before they'd head back. At this time, there weren't usually many people here. Occasionally an older couple with their two Dalmatians would be here at the same time, but she didn't see them here today. As Oliver was walking around happily sniffing everything in sight, Amelia sat down on one of the nearby benches, and let her eyes shut just for a second and crossed her arms over her chest.

Not even five minutes later, she heard Oliver aggressively barking and her eyes shot open. Though he was a small dog, he sure did like to get himself into trouble. She didn't see him at first, but heard another dog too and just followed the sounds until she saw him tousling with a much bigger dog behind some of the bigger trees in the park.

"Oliver, no!" She scolded, snapping her fingers as Oliver reluctantly came over to her leaving the bigger dog just sitting there.

"Oh my god, I am so sorry!" She heard a deep voice say coming up from the other side approaching the other dog and kneeling next to his reattaching his leash.

"It's fine he just-" Amelia began, scooping up Oliver in her arms as she looked up to see him, "Blake?" She was surprised, why did he look so good after a night out and she looked like absolute shit.

Blake looked up, and it was none other than her.

"Wow," He stood up, laughing, "We definitely find each other in the weirdest situations."

"Lil bit." She nodded, "Anyway," She shook her head, "Everything's all fine, Oliver thinks he can take bigger dogs, but clearly can't." She giggled, looking over at her little chubby dog.

"This is Chaney." Blake added, "He's still a puppy, so I'm working on teachin him." He nodded.

"He's so cute." She smiled, looking at the pup who was excitedly wagging his tail as she let Oliver back on the ground and put his leash on.