Chapter 9

"I feel like Miya's is less complicated," Bryan decided, pointing at her, "Let's start with her." He smiled, looking over to Amelia.

"I introduce her to Dj and five minutes later the two are sucking face like they're each other's oxygen." Amelia explained.

"It wasn't exactly like that!" Miya defended.

"So, what did we leave out, exactly?" Bryan asked with sarcasm.

"It was more than that." Miya smiled slightly.

"Oooo." Amelia and Bryan swooned in unison.

"So, what?" Amelia probed.

"I don't know," Miya bit her lip, "We're talking."

"Ugh, so romantic." Amelia said sarcastically, earning a laugh from Bryan, "It's every girls dream to be talking to a guy!"

"Alright." Miya shook her head, "So what?" She asked, "You and Griffin one upped us, what are y'all, married?"

Amelia immediately let out a giggle, "Not even close." She said, "nothing happened." She shrugged.

"Nothing happened?" Miya repeated in shock, "So that kiss was nothing?!"

"Y'all kissed?" Bryan asked, with a grin as his jaw dropped, "No way, am I the only one who didn't get some on Saturday?" He shook his head.

"That was nothing," Amelia maintained, "I told him I don't do relationships."

"You told Blake Griffin that you don't do relationships?" Bryan asked in disbelief, "Are you crazy?"

"Did you at least jump on that?" Miya giggled, wiggling her eyebrows.

"You two are childish." Amelia rolled her eyes, "And no we didn't do anything, except for the one kiss." She cleared up.

"Sureee." Bryan let out sarcastically.

"Hey," Amelia announced, "I'm being serious." She said, "It was really hard, but I was able to resist." She laughed.

"Oh, so you're just never going to see him again?" Miya asked, with a knowing smile.

"Who knows?"

"Really?" Miya raised an eyebrow, "Because Dj tells me that you're hanging out with Blake tonight."

"Oh," Amelia said, pretending like she'd forgotten, "Yeah that totally slipped my mind."

"Mhm," Bryan added, shaking his head, "so you are going on a date then?"

"No," Amelia defended, "We're just going to get food, as friends...casually."

"Okay, we'll see how that works out." Bryan laughed.

"What?" Amelia asked, not understanding why she couldn't just be friends with the guy. What was so wrong with that?

----------

"So lemme get this straight," Dj asked Blake as they stood in Dj's kitchen, "You and this girl are going to dinner, but it's not a date. It's just as friends?"

"Just casual dinner." Blake repeated.

"Bro," Dj laughed, shaking his head, "What?"

"What?" Blake defended, "What's wrong with being friends?"

"Cuz last time I checked you wanted a lot more than friendship." He teased, pulling out some food from the fridge and sitting across from Blake.

"Whatever," Blake shook his head, "I tried that...but..."