Chapter 18

"Alright." She whispered, ushering him inside from the cold, "You hungry?" She asked, as he closed the door behind him.

"Nah I'm fine." He shrugged, not wanting to be a burden, he was just there to make sure everything was okay.

"C'mon," She rolled her eyes as she led him to the kitchen. She looked around in the fridge for a while before deciding the quickest thing would probably be pizza, she threw it in the oven and opened up two beers for them.

"You didn't have to-" He tried.

"Just shut up and drink." She laughed, as he sat behind the counter and nodded taking a sip.

"Lemme ask you something?" He questioned.

"Hmm?" Amelia laughed.

"Why'd you never tell me?"

"What, about my family?" She asked

"Yeah." He nodded, "I don't know, I just feel like such a dick right now because I told you all about mine and-"

"Nah," She cut him off, with a grin, "I never told you because I mean, well because of everything you saw tonight." She shook her head, "But, that's okay. I liked hearing about your family, that's how parents should be."

"They'd really like you." Blake mentioned.

"Who?" Amelia asked, taking another sip of her beer.

"My parents." He smirked, as she gave him a look.

"Yeah, okay." She said sarcastically, "Mine would hate you." She laughed.

"Shit, really?" He teased, "Because I thought I made a good impression out there." He joked.

"Hey, don't take it personally." She smiled, "He doesn't like anybody."

"Fair." Blake nodded, "I guess I just meant, why'd you never ask me for help?" He asked, knowing she'd been sending money home and that it was still barley enough.

"We're not a charity." She shrugged, "I got it covered." She assured, taking the pizza out of the oven and cutting it into pieces, "I always have." 

"That's not what I mean." He continued, "I just mean because I kinda like you, and I want you to stick around." He shrugged.

"Shut up, and eat your pizza." Amelia rolled her eyes, as Blake just smirked biting into his piece.

"I only ask because I care." He pressed.

"Well don't." Amelia chuckled, as Blake gave her a look.

"Mmmm, okay Washington." He said sarcastically, rolling his eyes.

"I don't know what Jackie had in mind but this isn't a slumber party." She teased.

"Oh, you got jokes now, huh?" He joked back, giving her a look.

"I like to think so." She shrugged, taking their plates and putting them in the sink.

"I'll let it slide, but only because you're family is crazy." He joked, as Amelia grinned.

"How kind." She laughed, "Now, c'mon let's go to sleep I'm exhausted." She said, ushering him up the stairs. She led him into her room, where she'd just put on clean sheets, "It's no fancy hotel, but it's the Washington Inn. So I hope it works for you."

"Hey, no." Blake stopped her, "Where are you gonna sleep?"

"Downstairs, the couch." She explained, "Relax," She laughed, knowing he was going to try and swap with her, "The couch is short as hell, you won't even fit." She laughed.