Chapter 20

"What?" Dj asked, seeing Blake all smiley moving to the passengers seat after they've dropped off Miya.

"Nothin." Blake shrugged, continuing to the car.

"No more nothing," Dj shook his head, "It's just me and you man, wassup?"

"Amelia." He breathed.

"You guy did it!" Dj exclaimed, as the two drove off, "I knew it, I told Miya th-"

"Nah, you idiot." Blake laughed, playfully punching his friend in the arm, "I kissed her." He shrugged casually.

"Ohhh," Dj nodded, "Definitely thought you guys banged." 

"No," Blake sighed, with a chuckle, "Shit." He laughed, "I don't wanna play games with her anymore, I want her. I really want her." 

"Oooooo," Dj swooned with a laugh, as Blake just gave him a look, "But, seriously," He nodded, "I'm proud of you!" He smiled. 

"I'm kinda nervous." He admitted with a sigh, "I don't know if she's gonna go for it." 

"I mean hey," Dj began, "The least you can do is try, if you just tell her what you told me - how could she say no?" 

----------

"What?" Miya asked, as a smile spread across her face as she sat out with Blake and Dj for lunch during her break.

"He's growing up!" Dj joked, pushing his index finger into Blake's arm.

"Okay, shut up." Blake rolled his eyes, "I just wanted your advice I guess." He shrugged, "You're like her best friend here, right?"

"I mean I guess." Miya thought aloud, they were close friends. Amelia didn't know or really like too many people around LA. 

"Look," Blake breathed, "I've tried to tell her that I want her a couple times, and for some reason she doesn't buy it." He explained, "She just keeps saying how she doesn't do boyfriends, blah, blah." Blake shook his head, "I just don't know what to do." 

"Blake," Miya began with a little chuckle, as her hand intertwined with Dj's, "I may be her best friend, but no one can crack that code." She shook her head, "She's as hard as a rock." She shrugged, "Whatever you decide to do, just try to convince her that you'd be good for her." 

"I've tried." Blake answered. 

"Well you better try harder." Dj shrugged, as Blake just shook his head as the three began walking Miya back to her office. 

"Yeah, well just-" Miya began, putting her bag down on her desk as she looked up into Freddy's office to see him talking to Amelia, "She's here." She whispered. 

"What?" Blake questioned, turning to see Amelia seated across from her boss in his office. 

"What you think they're talking about?" Dj asked. 

"I don't know." Miya shrugged with a sigh. Just as those words came out of Miya's mouth, the three saw Amelia and Freddy's shake hands as Amelia headed for the door. 

"Hey..." Amelia said with a half-smile, approaching the three. 

"Hey!" Miya greeted, pulling Amelia in for a hug. 

"So you're back." Dj shrugged. 

"Um, well." Amelia sighed. 

"Can I talk to you?" Blake blurted. 

"Uh, yeah sure." She nodded, giving another nod to Dj and Miya as her and Blake headed for the lobby. "Everything okay?" 

"I just," Blake breathed, "I wanted to talk about us." 

"Blake..." Amelia trailed off, finally looking up to meet his warm brown eyes. 

He was going to start talking to her about what he wanted, what he was feeling - but when her eyes met his he forgot everything he was gonna say. 

His eyes fell to her lips and his hands immediately went to gently cup her face as he brought his lips to hers. Amelia relaxed into it as her hands went to the back of his neck as she tilted her head up slightly as his tongue entered her mouth.  

After a few moments Amelia had to force herself to retract her lips from his, bringing her hands down to lay on his chest, she bit her lip as he just gave her a goofy smile. 

"Blake look-" She began with a sheepish grin.

"I know what you're gonna say." He interrupted, taking her hands in his, "Just let me explain," He breathed, "Amelia,  I can't get you out of my head. What I feel when I'm around you...I feel like I can't breathe, but in a good way." He smiled, making her laugh, "That kiss, you...I know you feel it too." He shrugged, "Please, how about giving it a chance, me a chance?" 

"Blake," Amelia sighed, looking up at him with a smile, "You're not wrong." She smirked, "I want to, I really want to. You...make me feel like I can trust you or whatever." She smiled, getting embarrassed and looking at her feet, "You're a lot different than who I thought you were. Maybe you proved me wrong." 

"Well." Blake shrugged with a grin.

"But," She sighed, as her smile began to fade, "I...I'm not gonna be here." She said as her hand rested gently on his chest. 

"What?" Blake questioned, as confusion filled his face. 

"I have to go back home, I'm moving back to New York."