Chapter 10

Amelia pulled into the parking lot of the place her and Blake were meeting at and looked around the lot to find him. No sign of him. She put her eyebrows together in confusion as she thought he would've been there already.

She was brought out of her thoughts as she heard a knock on her car window and looked out to see him.

"Hurry up, loser!" Blake insisted, standing outside of her car. Amelia quickly took her keys out of the ignition.

"Well nice to see you too." She joked, getting out of the car as the two walked in together.

"I'm sorry," He smiled, "I'm just hungry." He laughed, causing Amelia to shake her head.

"Mhm," She muttered, as they approached the door. Blake was reaching to open it for her until she pushed his hand away and opened it for him, "Not a date, you don't have to open the door for me." She teased.

"Very funny." He said sarcastically, rolling his eyes," I was just trying to be nice." He put his hands up, as they went up in the line to order. The two ordered their food and paid, and went to sit down so their food could be brought to them.

"So," Blake grinned widely as they took a seat across from each other at nearby table, "How was your day?" He asked, making some small talk.

Amelia couldn't help but giggle a little, "It was good." She nodded, playing along, "For the most part..." She said, remembering how her day sort of went downhill after her 'lunch'.

"What happened?" He asked, as one of the workers put their food in front of them.

"Nothing crazy," She said, taking her fork out of the paper napkin, "I went to get lunch today and I swear I just wanted regular chicken but I went to this place by my office and it was not chicken, it was-"

"Chiken?" Blake interrupted with a laugh.

"Yeah..." Amelia trailed off, "Am I the only one who doesn't know what that is?"

"Probably," He shrugged, with a chuckle, "You went to Richie's, huh?"

"It was awful." She remembered, "But I'm glad you know of a place around here with real food." She said taking a bite of her dinner.

Blake just laughed as he took a sip of his drink, "You're welcome." He nodded, with a smirk.

"Don't get too cocky now." She teased, eyeing him, "Honestly haven't had one good place that I've liked for food since I've been here." She shook her head.

"Are you serious?" He asked in disbelief, with a laugh.

"Don't laugh at me," She countered, "I haven't had the best beginning in Los Angeles and the food is not making me want to stay." She rolled her eyes.

"You hate it?" Blake asked with another chuckle, "What, why'd you come here then?" he wondered.

"For work." She shrugged, "Believe me, was not my first choice."

"So, then what's keeping you here?"

Amelia didn't really know how to answer that question. She wasn't really sure what was keeping her here. She didn't like it here, that was known, she was homesick and all she seemed to want to do was move back to New York. But, she was still here.

"I don't know." She sighed, honestly.

"I know." Blake said, bobbing his head.

"Do not say-" She warned with a smile.

"Me!" He interrupted with a laugh.

"One step forward just to move one step back." She joked.

----------