Chapter 12

Amelia was sitting in a meeting when the door suddenly opened.

"Sorry for the interruption," Miya apologized to the clients who nodded, "Amelia, can I borrow you for a second?"

"Uh, sure." Amelia sighed, getting up from her chair, "Sorry, I'll be right back." She said. As Miya pulled her out into the main office space she saw Blake standing with the same two guys as his previous visit here.

"Blake is here." Miya blurted.

"Okay..." Amelia trailed off, wondering what exactly this had to do with her. The truth was she hadn't been talking to Blake a lot recently, not often at all actually. They had drifted apart, but she couldn't be upset about it, it's not like he was her boyfriend. He had his own life.

"Well," Miya said anxiously, "I don't know if I can do the meeting all alone." She admitted.

"Miya," Amelia began, "Yes, you can." She encouraged, seeing Blake look over in their direction, she gave him a forced smile and a wave before focusing back on Miya, "you've done it a million times." She reassured.

"I don't know..." She whispered.

"I know you can, plus it's Blake, you know him." Amelia nodded, "If it makes you feel better take Bryan in with you." She suggested, "You know I can't be there this time."

"I know, you're right." Miya nodded, "Thanks, Am."

"You got it." She smiled, before putting her hand back on the door and walking back into her meeting, "Sorry, where were we?"

----------

"Alright," Miya started, as she seated Blake, his contacts and Bryan in the conference room across the way.

"Amelia's not coming in?" One of Blake's associates asked.

"Oh, no." Miya confirmed, "She would if she could, but she's meeting with a client." She said.

"But, no worries." Bryan interjected, "You're in good hands."

Blake nodded as he let his eyes drift through the windows to the room across the way, her. She seemed very focused, she was looking at paperwork with a little twitch above her eyebrow that he always found cute.

"What do you think?" Bryan asked, bringing him back to reality.

Their meeting didn't last too much longer, with a couple of signatures Blake was able to leave.

"Alright," Miya smiled, "Well, you guys are all set." She concluded, as Blake hung back for a moment.

"Is Amelia almost done?" He asked to her two co-workers and friends.

"She'll probably be a while." Bryan implied, "We can tell her you said hey, if you want."

"Uh," Blake thought it over.

"Yeah." Miya nodded.

"Nah," Blake shook his head, "It's all good, see you guys later." He finally said, taking one final glance towards the conference room before heading out.

"So weirrrd." Bryan blurted.

"What?" Miya asked, giving him a look.

"I don't know," Bryan shrugged, "He wants to be friends with her, he doesn't want to be?" He said, "Which is it?"

Miya just laughed in response as Amelia walked out from her meeting.

"How'd it go?" She asked, plopping down at her desk and taking out a water bottle.