Chapter 23

Amelia couldn't believe it when Blake completely went through the exit, just when she thought everything was going fine.

"Wow." She blurted, shaking her head.

"Am," Dj shook his head, "He's just bein...he don't mean it."

"C'mon Dj," Amelia sighed, "He's a big boy, you shouldn't be cleaning up for him anymore." She breathed, picking up her bag, "If he wants to ruin it, fine by me."

"Amelia..." Miya trailed off with a frown.

"It's whatever," Amelia said, "I gotta go, thanks again for driving up with me." She nodded to the two.

"We love you." Miya assured, "We'll miss you."

Amelia just hugged them one final time before walking off to her gate.

"Finally." Blake mumbled, waiting for the two outside the airport doors.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Miya asked, punching Blake in the arm, earning a snicker from Dj.

"What?" Blake winced, putting his hand on the spot he took the blow.

"She means," Dj clarified as they all made their way back to the car, "Why you gotta ruin everything?"

"I didn't ruin anything..." Blake trailed off.

"Really?" Miya shook her head, as they pilled into the car.

"Okay, fine." He admitted, "Maybe I ruined it for a reason though." He concluded, "I thought she might stay..." He whispered.

"And why the hell would you think that?" Dj asked, pulling out of the parking lot.

"I don't know." He shrugged, letting out a sigh.

"Welp," Miya said, "You gonna have a big mess to clean up now."

----------

Amelia got in her cab back home and all these miles away - Blake was still on her mind. It'd been six hours since their fight and she hadn't heard anything, not even a text.

She just sighed to herself as the cab pulled up in front of her house, and she grabbed her stuff to make her way inside. Putting her luggage down on the porch for a moment so she could get her key out, suddenly the door opened.

"Amelia!" Wyatt, her youngest brother greeted, pulling her into a hug.

"Hey, lil man." She smiled, embracing the boy.

"Who's that?" She heard her brother, Ace, call from the kitchen.

"It's me!" Amelia smiled, as Wyatt moved aside and helped her bring her bags in.

"Am!" Ace smiled, running to greet her.

"Hey, A." She breathed, feeling a lot of relief after the day she was having. Family was family. "Frankie!" She called up the stairs, hoping to see the oldest boy in the Washington family.

"Wassup!" Frankie laughed, running down the stairs to give his sister a quick hug.

"Are you applying for colleges yet?" She questioned.

"Already with the fucking interoggation." He moaned, "Give me a least an hour." He rolled his eyes.

"No," She shook her head, "I'm glad I'm home though, I've missed you guys." She smiled to the three boys.

"We missed you too." Wyatt smiled, resting his head on her arm.

"Alright," She laughed, "You two," She pointed to the two youngest, "Go start getting ready for bed, it's getting late!" She instructed, as the two ran up to start brushing their teeth.