Chapter 5

"Heyyy, sleepy head." Bryan teased, coming by Amelia's desk as he was getting to leave work for the night.

"Don't start." Amelia shook her head, focusing on what she was doing on the computer.

"Fine." He put his hands up in defense, "At least, come get drinks with me and Miya."

"What?" She asked, "I can't, I have too much to catch up on." She breathed, looking over at the clock.

"Yeah," Bryan nodded, "But Miya told me you two were coming in tomorrow, so just leave now. Pleasee." He pleaded, giving puppy dog eyes, "And, you look like you could use a drink anyways."

"Where?" She gave in.

"O'Neil's." He grinned.

"Fine," She shook her head, "You guys go now, let me just finish this and then I'll meet you there okay?"

"You better." Bryan said, pointing at her as he headed to the elevator.

Amelia was the last one in the office, and as she finished up her last thing for the night (according to Bryan) she sighed as she looked for her purse. Bryan was right, she did need a drink. As she walked out onto the busy street, she pulled her phone out of her purse to see Miya texted her to let her know they were in their usual spot.

She saw a few people smoking outside of O'Neil's as she approached the alcohol stinging bar. She made her way in and was surprised when she was surrounded by a swarm of people. O'Neil's wasn't exactly 'the place to be' on a Friday night, it was mostly home to the working people in the area who needed some alcohol.

Shrugging it off, she saw Miya and Bryan at their table in the corner as she made her way past the moving bodies so she could get her beer and sit down. Finally making it to the bar, she smiled as the bartender saw her and nodded, already knowing her order.

"John." She said, looking at the older man behind the bar as he put the beer she wanted in a glass, "What's all the buzz in here tonight?"

"Not too sure," He shrugged, putting her beer on the counter, "Huge group of guys came in, real tall too." Amelia looked over and immediately spotted DeAndre Jordan and J.J. Redick, she had a feeling Blake might be here too, and she was trying to avoid him at all costs. She came here for alcohol only, nothing else. She thanked John and slyly made her way to their table.

"Hey." She whispered, slipping in their booth and taking a much-needed sit of her beer.

"Why are you whispering?" Bryan asked, with a chuckle.

"Yeah, what's wrong with you?" Miya questioned. Amelia figured they just hadn't noticed, the giant, Clippers players in the building tonight and decided best to just leave it alone.

"I don't know," She sighed, "I'm just having the worst day, and I'm tired."

"You just need to get laid." Miya responded, getting a big laugh from Bryan.

"You're telling me." Amelia shook her head, "That's my plan tonight." She decided, scanning the room for a decent guy she could take home for the night.

"You nasty." Bryan joked, "No more one night stands." He announced.

"Yeah, how about try a boyfriend," Miya chuckled, "Then you won't have to worry about...these droughts." She teased.

"Ha ha ha," Amelia rolled her eyes, "I thought we talked about this already?" She said, "I don't do-"

"Boyfriends," Bryan laughed, "yes we know."

"Good." She smirked, looking around the bar again until she locked eyes with those familiar brown orbs. Amelia tried to quickly look away, but it was like a car crash, you just had to watch. There Blake was, just as she thought he might be, with some random girl hanging off his neck.