The First

Al's P.O.V

James was silent. I must've done something wrong. I think I teased him a little too much for him to think that I was just playing with him.

"Wh-what are y-"

"I never said I wanted to play with you. I only wanted to know how you felt. Who said I was gonna hurt you?" I cut him off. I wasn't going to let him talk any more. If that was what he thought of me, then I'll just have to show him how I feel. "You say I'm playing with you but did you even think about what I wanted to say?"

"I-"

I put my hand up to his face and touched his lips with my thumb. "I couldn't possibly hurt you. I would never want to do that to you."

"Don't give me that bullshit. You've hurt me enough."

"Shut up. You're only hurting yourself. Would you at least let me tell you how I feel?"

James went silent. He wouldn't look at me but I felt him trying his best not to lean his face into my hand. I caressed his cheek and forced him to look me in the eye. "I never hurt you. I don't want to nor do I plan to. If anything, I'm the one who's hurt by what you're saying. How could you not think about I would feel after hearing that?"

I could see in his eyes that he wanted to cry. It hurt but he was too cute to resist. He tried pushing me away. Now I've hurt him for sure. I felt bad about it, but it was the truth. I never want to hurt him or see him get hurt. James tried to push me off again, but I held him down and held him close to me. He was angry. I wasn't so sure if it was at himself or at me, nonetheless, he was mad. I knew that if I said anything, he would only get angrier. I waited for him to calm down just a bit, but I didn't let go of him.

He sighed and stopped trying. I put my hand  on his face but he just pushed it away and didn't look at me. I was getting annoyed. I grabbed his hand and squeezed it, interlocking my fingers with his, before pushing him against the table and carried him to sit on it. James was too flustered to do anything about it and I tried to move as quickly as I could. I leaned in and put my chin on his shoulder, my arms around his back.

"Hey James, let me tell you something."

"What is it now?" James's voice was low and raspy.

"I like you. In fact, I think I love you."

I didn't get an immediate response so I raised my head and looked at his face. James looked like he had seen a ghost. His mouth was open and his eyes welled up again. I couldn't take it any longer. I want him. My hand cupped the side of his face and I got my face closer to his. I couldn't think of anything else until our lips brushed against each other. His arms started wrapping around my neck, pulling me closer.

And then we kissed.