Chapter 6

Original Stats:
1K Views. 41 Votes. 21 Comments.

━━━━━━━━━

Chapter 6

━━━━━━━━━

I rolled my eyes as Chip trudged on ahead of me. We hadn't spoken for hours. We had been walking for hours. We hadn't almost kissed for hours. So much had happened in the past day.

I had just been home a day ago. I had been happily training with Mr. Davenport, I had my bionics as well. Then Douglas came in and took that all away from us. Claiming that Mr. Davenport took his life away. Saying he never shared the company with him when none of us had any idea he was apart of it in the first place. He drove us until we landed at an abandoned warehouse, original I know, only for him to leave Mr. Davenport tied to a chair. Then, to top it all off, he left me out here, attempting to survive while I fell hopelessly in love with a total stranger.

Wait.

Love.

Did I say falling in love? How could I be in love with Chip? I knew I was having trouble with the fact that I liked him, but I would be ruined inside if I did love him. He would never feel the same way about me. And I was almost positive that I was also in love with the one person I couldn't love.

Chase.

I had finally come to terms with it as we walked along in silence. I was in love with Chase. I had always felt like we were different from the others. That we had something different from simply a brother and sister relationship. I missed him more than anyone else did. I actually never went a moment without thinking of him... Until I met Chip.

I hated this.

I hated pretending like nothing happened. I hated not having him at my side. I hated having to walk behind him like I had earlier, like he didn't know I was back here. Or like he was pretending I was gone. I hated having to go on, hiding my feelings for him. I didn't want our relationship to end on Friday, either. Although, that was what his plan entailed. He was trying to be rid of me by Friday. He didn't exactly care about me in the way I cared for him.

It was dark now, or at least almost dark. The sun was beginning to set, making the sky a dark orange, pink color. I loved the way the sky looked out here. It was far different from the way it looked back home. In our part of California, the sky is covered with lights from the buildings. I loved it in a way, but in another, it was nice being out here. Actually seeing the sky for what it truly was.

I sighed as Chip stopped abruptly ahead of me. What could he be doing? We were moving just fine. We had been for the past couple of hours anyway. It seemed stupid to take a break when we were almost done for the day.

"What?" I called, trying to get a grasp on what he was doing. He brought his hand up to his neck, his right side, as he turned to face me. That was the side his bionic chip would be on. He had a look of pure terror in his eyes.

"Run. Run ahead of me. Now." He ordered as he began to race back over to me. I frowned in confusion as he came to my side, pushing me forward as his eyes closed in pain.

"What's wrong?" I asked, growing slightly worried. I stopped as I walked over to him, letting my hand fall to his on his neck. He shook me away as he turned and walked back down the path we had just come down. I rolled my eyes as he took in a sharp breath. What was up with him?

"Just run!" He hissed, his voice growing slightly more tense. I felt trapped in a way. I couldn't just leave him here. His chip was doing something to him. He wouldn't leave me if this happened. He didn't leave me when this happened. Which obviously meant, I wouldn't leave him. I was in love with him for crying out loud.