Part 15

The person who picked me up was Michael. He sat me down on the couch.

"Sarah, listen to me." He said.

I looked up at him. His hand where on my shoulders. His eyes where bloodshot. He had been crying too. He had lost his best friend. I could tell he was trying to be strong for me. He looked me dead in the eyes.

"I called the police and their on the way with ambulances. I don't know who did this, but he's going to be okay. Just stay strong. The cops will be here any minute. Gavin's not dead. Okay? I promise. He's still breathing. I'm going to call Dan, Gavin's family, and everyone else after they get him in the hospital. Don't worry about anything. Just stay here. I'm going to go make sure Gavin stays with us. Get the door when the cold arrive. You don't need to see him this way. Okay?" he said.

I nodded. His kissed my forehead and hugged me. He whispered the words stay strong in my ear before running upstairs. All my dreams where becoming reality. Not even 2 min. later there was a knock. I ran to the door. It was the cops and ambulances. I pointed up stairs. They all ran upstairs. I went back and say down but got up almost immediately when the had Gavin downstairs.

"Gavin! it gonna be okay! everything will be fine!" I said grabbing his hand.

I soon had to let go because he was being taken. Michael grabbed me and hugged me.

"We're going to the hospital!" he said.

I nodded and he helped me to the car. We drove behind the ambulance to the hospital.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

They hadn't let us see Gavin. Me and Michael have been in the waiting room for about 15 hours now. Finally a doctor came out to see us.

"He's in a comma. He was beaten up badly. He lost a bit of blood. But in good news he most likely didn't lose his memory." The doctor said.

"When will we get to see him?" Michael asked.

"You guys can go now. But I'm warning you, he's in pretty ruff shape." She said.

"Can you take us?" I asked.

"Sure." She said.

We went up to Gavin's room. Before we went in she grabbed my hands.

"I'm so sorry." She whispered.

She left us alone and we walked in. I saw Gavin. He was still bruised but he wasn't bloody. He looked awful. I sat at the side of the bed and grabbed his hand. I tried not to cry. I stroked his hand. I talked to him and bit and told him I loved him even when i knew he couldn't hear me. Michael had to leave and pick up Dan and Gavin's family. I fell asleep holding Gavin's hand. This was the first time I slept in 24 hours.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

I was woken by one of the doctors. She check upped Gavin. I don't know why through. I mean he can't even do anything. The patient is basically dead but not really dead. The doctor said hi and apologized for waking me. I said it was fine.

The doctor left and about 5 min later, a man and woman came in. The woman began crying.the man held her and his eyes watered. I got up and began walking out.

"Wait." The woman said.

I stopped and turned to her she had let go of the man and was staring at me. She looked my up and down. The woman grabbed my hands and smiled. It was a weak smile but it was a smile.

"Are you Sarah?" She said.

"Yes Ma'am." I said softly.

She then hugged me tightly. I hugged her back. I was in desperate need of a hug and hers was warm and caring.

"Gavin loves you so much. You are all he talks about when he comes home and I feel that you need to know that he loves you so much and I don't know where he would be with out you. He needs you." She said.

I began to tear up.

"I need him." I chocked out.

"We're Gavin's parents." The man said.

"I've been wanting to meet you, mr. and mrs. free, but I didn't want it to be like this. I'm so sorry." I said.

"It's ok honey don't worry." She said hugging me again.

"Thank you." I said.

"We want you to go home and take a shower and pack up some stuff." she said.

"Pack up?" I asked.

"We talked and we want you here as much as possible. Because when our son wakes up we want yours to be the first face he sees." She said.

"Thank you guys so much!" I said.