part 21

Michael dropped off Gavin. I haven't seen him since I left. I hugged him right as he walked in. But our celebration didn't last long because we had to get ready. Gavin hated the idea of putting color in his hair but I did it anyways. i sprayed temporary blue dye in the ends of his hair.

"There." I sighed. I took a step back to look at Gavin.

"Look good?" he asked. He looked down at himself.

"Perfect." I smiled.

I changed into my clothes for my costume. And we left for the party.

The party was fun. We got drunk and just over all had a great time. We had finally gotten home. We went upstairs. Gavin took a shower to wash the blue out of his hair. I had fallen asleep before he got out.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

The alarm clock went off. My eyes fluttered open. A groan came from Gavin. we went down stairs. I said my usual 'good morning' to valley but instead of running to us like she normally does she only laid there and looked at us. Gavin got down on his knees beside her.

"Valley girl are you okay?" he said in a sweet voice. One that you would use with a child.

She began drooling and grunting.

"Gavin..." I said. I covered my mouth.

"We need to get her to the vet." he said.

I nodded. Gavin went and put on some shorts and a shirt. I slipped on my flip flops. Gavin lifted valley in his arms. I hoped in the car. Gavin stayed in the back with valley as we drove to the vet.

They took her immediately and me and Gavin waited in the waiting room. Gavin had arm around me and I stared at the ground lost in my thoughts. Valley was so old. 14 to be exact. I loved her. She's my best friend. The vet came out. I looked suddenly to her.

"I'm afraid that we're going to have to put her down." The vey said calmly.

I felt tears well up in my eyes. I nodded. I choked back tears. Gavin hugged me. I pressed my head against his chest and covered my face with my hands.

"Can we say goodbye?" Gavin asked for me. He knew I couldn't bare to ask myself.

"Of corse." She said.

We walked back and saw valley. I pet her head and kissed her nose. Gavin did the same. We didn't stay long. My eyes blood shot. She was the best dog ever. I'm glad she got to live such a long happy life.

you will be missed valley.