NINE | fight

Scarlett sat next to Jake for mostly the whole time he was in the hospital, even when she heard about Will's death, she called Emma, but then she was still there, waiting for him to wake up

When Noah came to see how he was doing, she got up and went to the snack machine to get something, but when she came back, he was awake.

"Oh my god, Jake." She gasped, running over quickly and sitting down in the chair, grabbing his hand, smiling widely.

"I'll leave you two alone."

Noah left, and Jake looked at Scarlett concerned. "How's Will?"

She looked at him with sadness in her eyes, tears brimming. "He didn't make it, Jake."

He gasped slightly, "w-what?" She hugged him tightly as he cried into her shoulder, sadness filling the whole room, and neither of them said a word.

* * *

When Jake was able to return home, Scarlett drove him. She didn't want to be alone at any given moment, and the fact that she had to go home tonight to probably go to sleep alone in a huge house, was terrifying.

She placed him down on his own bed, before sitting next to him. "What's on your mind?" He asked her, seeing her stare off into space.

"Just kinda scared. I have to go to bed tonight alone, since my dad is working."

"Why don't you stay here, in the guest room? My mom wouldn't mind and, I kinda don't want you being alone right now. Y'know, with everything that's happening."

Scarlett smiled, looking up at him. "Yeah, I'd like that."

* * *

Scarlett walked into her house, seeing her dad sitting on the couch. "Oh hey dad, you're home?"

"Yeah, they let me off for the day, but I gotta go back tonight." He sighed, standing up. "Do you want me to stay tonight? I would feel better if you're safe, with everything that's been happening."

"You don't have to, I'm gonna stay at a friends house for a couple of days, hopefully things get figured out so I won't have to stay long." She sighed, placing her car keys on the kitchen counter.

Her dad leaned against the counter. "Who are you staying with?"

Scarlett hoped he wouldn't have asked that, so she hesitated. "Jake."

"You're staying with him?"

She suddenly felt anger surge through her, "yes dad, I'm staying with him. Because right now, he is the only one who makes me feel safe, when you're not around. I know you don't like him, but I've trusted him throughout the years, that I need you to trust him."

"What is so great about him? I mean honestly, he acts like he can get any girl he wants, that he can get any girl to fall in love with him!"

"Well he sure got me to!"

"What?" He asked, confused.

"Yes, I am in love with Jake Fitzgerald. I have been for the longest time, and it kills me that you don't like him. He helps me get through anything, even my panic attacks. Because since Nina was killed, I have been having more and more attacks than usual. And even just thinking about him calms me down. Dad, you know how it feels to lose someone you love, and you know how it feels to love. Wouldn't you do anything for them?"

"Scarlett, if you love him, don't let him go like I did to your mom." He said, tears brimming his eyes.

She just nodded, and that's when she stormed up the stairs to pack her bag.