ELEVEN | halloween

•

Scarlett and Jake had planned to keep them being together a secret for the moment, with everything going on, they would be targets to the killer. It was hard for Jake at the Halloween dance that they were at currently, to not go up and kiss her.

"Are you guys heading to Brooke's party after this?" Emma walked up to them and asked, handing Scarlett a cup of punch.

"If there's real drinks, then yes." Scarlett scoffed, taking a sip of the punch before cringing in disgust.

Emma nodded, "alright, me and Kieran will be there too."

Scarlett walked away suddenly, to go see if she can find any of her other friends, Until Sam bumped into her.

"Oh, hey Scarlett!"

She suddenly cringed, forgetting that she agreed to go on a date with him, but it's really his fault that he didn't contact her after they talked. "Hey Sam."

"So, do you wanna be my date to Brooke's party?"

Scarlett hesitated, she was gonna be secretly Jake's date to the party, but then again, they weren't public with their relationship to anyone. "Um, I don't know."

"Oh come on," he kept insisting, "if you go with me, we can do this." As he said that, he leaned in and kissed her.

She was shocked, and frozen in place. He always flirted with her, but he never tried to kiss her. She pulled back, looking up at him with wide eyes. "Please, don't do that again."

He looked at her, his eyes filling sadness and confusion. "Scarlett, I thought you liked me back, you agreed to go on a date with me."

"Yeah, because I felt bad." She snapped, and before he can say anything else, she stormed off.

She started to walk over to Jake, who had been watching the whole time, but Scarlett didn't know that, and his face showed anger.

"Jake? What's wrong?"

"I saw that, Scarlett."

"Jake, that isn't what it looked like-"

"Oh really? Cause it looked like you were kissing Sam."

Scarlett sighed, knowing that it looked like she was basically just making out with Sam, so she didn't really blame Jake. "Jake, listen-"

"No, do you know what? I'm done with this dance, I'm going to Brooke's." He sighed, brushing past Scarlett and out the door.

Scarlett rushed around the place, trying to find her friends, before she ran into Audrey. "Oh, thank GOD."

"Scarlett? I'm not in the mood right now," Audrey sighs, "unless you wanna crash Brooke's place with me."

"Oh yes I do, I need to get drunk."