Chapter 7

Chapter 7

It's been a few weeks after the the Christmas break ended, and it's finally New Years!!! The day after New Years, my mom gets to come home. I've been hoping for this day, but I've been thinking.

'Has my mom even changed? Will she ever go back to being the mom I loved, or be the same?'

Well I just hope it turns out good. Although, I don't know why, since my mom is coming home my grandpa has to stay with us for awhile and monitor my mom. It's kinda funny, but it's gonna be awkward. He has to go every where with us, isn't that gonna be fun. He hates me and I'm not his favorite.

Hurray.

This year, we didn't get fireworks. We just sat outside on the flatbed In my dad's truck, snuggled in a blanket, and watched the fireworks. Let me tell you, once it struck 12:00, it was crazy. I couldn't believe it. Every were you looked, there were colorful explosions in the air.

It was so beautiful.

It seems now that since I didn't have the best Christmas and the best New Years, everything really opened up my eyes. Christmas to me was all about the gifts. But now, I noticed it's not about the gifts. It's about having your family with you. And for New Years... since I didn't have fireworks to pop, I got to see the beauty of other ones being shot up or dancing all the way up into the sky and exploding, then they slowly die in the dark sky. I was extremely happy I didn't get any because if I did, I wouldn't be able to relax look up and enjoy the beauty of things.

As the fireworks were slowly coming to an end, Marie, my father, and I walked into the house and got ready for bed. I could barely sleep; just thinking about tomorrow, wondering how my mom has been doing and... has she even changed? It all led to tomorrow and I was ready.

****

It was the next morning, my dad woke me up to take a shower and get ready for my mom's arrival. I quickly got into the shower and out. I got dressed, dried and straightened my hair. When I was getting my sister ready, she started to ask me questions.

"H-has mommy changed? Is she still a meany big sister?" She questioned.

"Maybe... but we will find out. Just remember mommy still loves you," I told her.

"Otay," she happily said running off.

It finally came to the time where my mom was gonna come walking through with my grandpa. I was excited and kinda nervous, for what was gonna happen? Was she gonna have her revenge on my dad like she said, or did she change and go back to her old self? It was all gonna happen any minute. As we waited and waited, we heard the lock click and the handle open.

And there she was. My mom. She walked through door with my grandpa. She looked at me, then Marie, then my dad. Once she connected her eyes with my dad, she....

Lol CLIFFHANGER well sorry guys I would of posted this a long time ago but I kinda got sick I hope you guys had a great New Years and if you have any ideas for the book write down in the comments below I would love to here your great ideas and I'll tag you in to give you the credit thank you so much guys!!!