Chapter 8

Chapter 8

As she connected her eyes with my dad, she quickly ran up and hugged him.

"I'm sorry baby for acting like a bitch to you, and hurting our beautiful babies! I don't know what I was thinking!" she muffled in my dad's shoulder.

"Shh, it's ok hunny. I forgive you," cried my dad.

When their hug broke apart, my mom dropped to her knees and bear hugged my sister.

"I missed you baby girl," my mom cried.

"And you too," she said, waving for me to come down and hug her.

"I'm here to stay forever, and trust me, I changed. No more mean mommy baby girls," she smiled down at us.

We were sitting on the couch when mom brought in two present; one for my sister, and one for me.  We quickly grabbed them and tore them open.

I could see my grandpa talking to my mom. I tried to ignore what they were talking about, but I couldn't. He was telling my mom that I shouldn't bother him while he's here, and to not even look at him. I finally got over it when my sister yelped in excitement. I turned my head to see what she got. All I saw was a big 'American Girl' doll right in front of her. She grabbed it and hugged it in excitement.

"I wuv it mommy!" she yelped, smiling.

I finally unwrapped mine. I also got an 'American Girl' doll. In the bottom right corner was my name.

"Awh, thanks mom.  You really didn't have to," I said with a smile wide across my face.

"Well, when you were little, you always wanted one. So when I saw it on a cormercial, it reminded me of you when you where small, so I had to," she smiled.

As I walked to my room to put the doll away, I could here my grandpa going into the guest room that was right next to my room. I really didn't care if my grandpa was here to monitor my mom, I'd rather have her here with my grandpa than not having her at all.

Dinner time finally came. My mom went to the pantry to check what we have to cook dinner. "No wonder you guys are so skinny, there's nothing! Come on, grab your shoes. We're going to McDonald's!" she yelled. Finally, a decent meal for once.

As we got in the car, I buckled up my sister and accidentally bumped my hand on my grandpa's arm. I looked at him and whispered, "oops." He turned around and looked down at me. He gave me this disgusted look, and then looked away again. Ugh, I have to live with this for two weeks... great.

We walked into McDonalds. I took a deep breath and smelled the fries and the good 'ole hamburgers.

'I missed you baby' I said in my head, 'I missed yah.'

Once we finally finished are food, we got into the car and drove home. We all started to get ready for bed. I snuck through the hallway to my mom's room.

"Goodnight mom, I missed you," I whispered.

"Goodnight baby, I missed you to... and I'm sorry for what I did to you and your sister in the past," she smiled and kissed my forehead.

Sorry guys it is up super late like always and also boring lol I hoped you guys liked it thank you guys for always reading my book I know it's not that good but I try my best but thank you :)