Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Today was a new beginning for my mom. To start all over and bond with the family again; and that meant counseling. "Wake up hunny, it's time to go sign up and meet our new counselor," she said, turning on the light.

"Five more minutes," I moaned, turning off the lights with my foot.

"No, now," she hesitated, turning back on the lights.

"Noooo," I groaned, turning off the lights once again.

It was probably a minute or so later, my mom finally stopped an left. I finally got up and got ready.

"Ahhhh chihuahua!" I groaned. my hair straightener broke so I had to just put it in the laziest bun (I never knew how to make a bun). I finished I looked in the mirror in frustration on how 'ratchet' I looked.

"Ah, forget it!" I yelled, walking out of the bathroom.

I walked into the living room to see my grandpa playing with my little sister. My dad was putting on his shoes and my mom putting on her bracelets. I grabbed my shoes, sat next to my dad and slipped them on.

"Ready to go?" my dad questioned.

"Yah, I guess..." I yawned.

"Okay, then let's go!" he said, getting up and grabbing his keys.

As we got into the car, I let my sister buckle herself in this time. I didn't want to upset my grandpa again. The only reason my grandpa is not talking to me at all, is because he thinks I started the whole thing and made my mom go to jail. Then people in my family started to question why we haven't heard or seen my mother, so he said the most stupid lie that he made up to make it look like it was all my fault. And once my mom got out of jail and heard the false lie my he started, she thought he should stay with us and monitor her, so he can pay the price for what he did.

***

As soon as we got there, we walked in and waited for them to call for us. When we got called, we walked in to this small room and sat down. We got asked a lot of questions that I didn't think were important; but I guess she needed to know. It was almost time to leave, that's when she made everyone leave the room... except me.

"Ok, Taylor, I would like to ask you some questions," she said while glancing up at me.

"Oh... ok," I smiled.

"Were you blamed, or even felt neglected? Because let me tell you, I could see your grandpa dosent like you that much... the way he looked at you during this session," she said.

Now this was a counselor actually wanted to help me. She could see what I was going through with my grandpa, and wanted to help. So I couldn't lie to her when she knows the truth. Once I finally gave her my complete honest answer, I started to cry; but it felt good that I was letting out all this sadness. I finally calmed down and stopped crying, and we both walked out. She told my family it was time for us to go home. My mom got more information on are next appointment and asked questions. I sat down in a chair took a deep breath in, and let it out.

I think I'm gonna like this counseling.

Even though it was the first session, I could tell I was gonna get use to it since she knew what I was truly going through. I felt that I could trust her. We got in the car and stopped at a fast food restaurant. We got ourselves some food for our dinner, went home, chowed down, and finally sat down and watched tv for a couple of hours. Then, we finally went to bed.

"I think I'm gonna like this change," I thought out loud.

"Meh too sister!" Marie yelped.

"Good," I smiled before going to sleep.

As soon I fell asleep, (it felt like two seconds later) I felt my lungs start to get tighter and tighter. I soon woke up, gasping for air. I looked across the room to Marie, trying to call her name. When I finally got her attention, I could feel my lungs tighten so much, I could hardly breathe. Soon, I got dizzy and blacked out. All I remember hearing was Marie frighten and screaming my name; shaking me, trying to wake me up. But I couldn't. I just couldn't. 

Cliff hanger lol sorry if this chapter was a little boring but I tried to spice up the ending a little bit but yah I'm thinking about making a second book idk if I do I'll tell you guys but thnxs so much ik I say it a lot but thnxs so much for always taking the time and reading my book means a lot :)