Chapter 10

Hesitantly knocking on the door, I waited for Octavia to answer. She did after a moments delay, and I looked at her, my own nerves turning me insanely jittery as I grabbed the hem of my shirt in fingertips. 

"Come in" She says, and I step inside and follow her to some chairs. We sit down, and I study her, and she does the same to me. I don't know if I should say something first. If so, then what should I say? 

"I'm sorry about your brother," I start. "But I am glad you came" 

She glances around the room, then speaks. "He's an idiot" I say nothing. "He got what he deserved, but I still love him"

"He's your brother, one would think you love him" I say, and she nodded, obviously thinking. 

"I knew you would win" Octavia says, finally looking at me again. "And I think he knew it too. He threw his sword down, in order to try and win with his fists" She shook her head, recalling the memory. I watch her squirm with the memory. "He knew that he was losing, and he knew he wasn't going to last, thats why he picked you" She was almost in tears. "Bellamy talked to me before the battle, and-and he said that he was going to lose and that he wanted me to just stay away from you but I can't I really can't-" She was rambling now, and I could feel my heart breaking at the sight and sound of it. 

"Octavia" I whispered, resting my hand on hers. "Please, I understand. I'm sorry things with your brother had to be the way they are. I really am sorry" 

She wiped a tear with a free hand, and looked at me in my eyes for the second time tonight. 

"And honestly," I say, with a small smile beginning to play on my face, "Bellamy can never keep me away from you. I think you know damn well I'm going to fight for you" Octavia's breathing slowed, but pulse increased. I could feel it in her hand. "Octavia, if I did anything right in my time here at Polis with you, its how I stopped fighting what I was feeling" At this moment, I didn't care anymore. I leaned in quickly, and she saw it too, because she dove in as well. I felt such a sensation as our lips met, and I could not help but smile as she sighed. 

"I've seen you before we met, and I knew who you were. I've seen you with that girl as well. At the time, I was with Lincoln, but I couldn't stop thinking about you" Octavia says, and I kissed her again. I could not get enough of it. I remember kissing Kora, but it was nothing like this. I loved Kora, but Octavia loved me more than Kora loved me. 

After some time, we kissed and talked that night, and once it got so the candles were almost out, I reluctantly let go of Octavia who was pressed into my arms. I was the larger one out of us so it somewhat made sense, even though I would not mind to be in Octavia's arms. 

"Octavia" I whispered, and she woke up, being half asleep. 

"Hm?" She hummed, one eye lazily closing. 

"I have to go to my own room" I said softly, beginning to get up. Octavia nodded and stood up as well, making her way to her own bed, but I caught her by the wrist, and kissed her cheek. "Good night, Octavia" She smiled. 

"Good night Alex" She says, and turns away from me. 

I was all smiles as I went back to my room, and instantly slept, hopefully going to dream of Octavia. 

---------------------

"Alex, get up" Lexa said, pulling open the curtains. I groaned and rolled over. "Bellamy's auction is in twenty minutes, you have to get up and get ready"