Chapter 35

We spend three days in the small village. I was so eager to return to Lexa and Clarke. They would go looking for me, for sure. 

"I can't stay here" I said, doing my best to pace like I usually would. Murphy just twirled his gun on his hand. "People are going to die if Lexa doesn't find me" 

"What choice do we have?" Murphy asked me. I blinked, and thought. 

"Only one" I said. "John Murphy, you are now under my control"

Murphy stood up. "What? What are you talking about?" 

"You have to be my prisoner. It'll be the only way the both of us live"

"I have a better idea" Murphy growled. "How about we listen to the bald freak and stay put? Would that be such a bad idea?" He asked me. I kept my ground as he advanced on me. I knew that I could kill him in any way I wanted, and there were multiple ways to kill a human. I knew every single one. 

"Titus is not going to give you freedom, Murphy" I say. I knew this is what Titus had offered. "Not as long as he's living, or in power at Lexa's side" I knew this is what Titus had offered Murphy, because he did not deny it. Instead, he felt uncomfortable. 

"How would you know?" Murphy asked, the fierceness in his voice replaced with curiosity. I am sure he did not mean to change his demeanor. 

"Because, like I have told you multiple times before, I know Titus very well. And He will just take you back down to that basement and torture you again. He will keep you there until you have more worth, or until you die. There is no other end to your story. Your life, at this moment, belongs to Titus" I tell Murphy, and his eyes show hatred. 

"You're wrong" Murphy growled. "I don't belong to anyone but myself"

"Prove it, then" I spat. "Bring me back to Polis"

"You can't go yourself?" Murphy asked me. 

"I can hardly walk, Murphy" I say. "And if you do not agree, I will have no choice but to kill you"

"With what? Your bullet hole? Your injuries? You have a huge imagination, Queen Alex" Murphy scoffed. 

"There are many ways to kill a man. I know every single one known to our human race" I tell him without batting an eye. "You may have the gun, but I have skill, and I have a brain, and I have a lifetime of experience. What do you have, John Murphy?" I tilt my head slightly. "You have the idea that you are much better than I am. You have a gun, and you have your cowardice, and you have your words, and a will to live. But you have nothing more than what I have stated. Anything you will argue is a lie, and you know it as well as I do"

Murphy didn't say anything, and he didn't have to. He knew I was right, and that I wasn't bullshitting anyone. 

"What's your plan?" He asked, sitting down, annoyed. 

"I'm glad you asked" I smirked. 

___

"You're sure this will work?" Murphy asked me as we crouched behind a large hedge. 

"No" I say truthfully. "But the worst that could happen is-"

"-Don't tell me" Murphy hissed. "I don't want to know"

"Very well" I nodded. "Let us continue" 

"If I die, my blood is on your hands" He growled. 

"I can live with that" I nodded, and he rolled his eyes.