Chapter 49

"Look at you" Garvan said. "Bringing an outsider to do a holy job"  I kept my focus on Murphy as he was at his first day on the job. Garvan's laughter made my head hurt. "Do you remember that scar you had? In your vision?" I nodded my head, and whispered a yes. "This is when you get it"

Suddenly flaming arrows burst through the window, and one caught me in the jaw, but the arrow itself wasn't flaming. The flaming came afterwards, in my jaw. My jaw felt like it caught fire. Those arrows were poisoned. Lexa ordered the capture of these terrorists, and I was treated to immediately. 

"What happened?" Clarke shouted as she saw me. My face started to swell. 

"There was an attack, Wanheda. An attack meant as a warning from Azgeda" A guard that escorted me here said. 

"How did they get in?" Clarke asked him, starting to do things to my face, trying to heal me. 

"Dressed as civilians, Wanheda" He answered. 

"It can't be that easy" Clarke growled, cutting my face with something. 

"Ow!" I winced. 

"Sorry" Clarke mumbled, finishing what she was working on. "Alex, you're going to be fine, but it's going to leave a scar" 

"I know" I whispered, and Clarke frowned at me. 

"When did you become a doctor?" She asked. 

"I picked up a few things from you, Clarke" I said, trying to keep my cover. "I learn so much from you" Clarke smiled at me. 

"How sentimental" Garvan cooed. "Kill her" His voice suddenly turned bitter. Also suddenly, my words got caught in my throat. I was choking on my kind words. Garvan was trying to kill my kindness. 

"Alex?" Clarke grabbed my hands. "Are....are you alright?"

People have to stop asking me that, I thought, but I shook my head no. 

"What's going on?" Clarke asked me. I dropped to my knees, starting to become unable to breathe. 

"You kill Clarke, and you live" Garvan growled. "Kill her. There is a knife in her left shoe. Take it and put it through her heart" 

You won't kill me, my mind fought back. 

Lexa appeared, and no doubt Clarke summoned her. They both crouched beside me. "What happened?" Lexa yelled. "Alex? What happened?" She continued to yell. 

"Voice...in my head" I wheezed. Lexa frowned, and pushed me to tell her more. "He called...himself...Garvan" 

Lexa's face became pale, and I swear I could hear war drums in the distance. "Garvan?" She asked, in almost a terrified voice. 

"They think you're crazy" Garvan's voice echoed. "This is the part where they put you in a cage" 

"Don't...put me away" I pleaded, then passed out. 

___

"What should we do with her?" I heard voices as I started to regain consciousness. 

"I'm not sure, Lexa. With the things you told me about, this, Garvan...I'm not sure there is much we can do" Clarke's voice seemed distant.