Chapter 51

The moment went by so quickly, and suddenly I was wrapped in her embrace. "Yes! Yes of course!" She wrapped her arms around my neck, and kissed my excitedly. I sighed, relief spreading throughout my body. She had agreed to be my betrothed. We pulled away from each other's lips just to hug again, and I looked at Lexa. She was smiling, eyes watering slightly. "I love you so much" She whispered, and I laughed, repeating what she said. 

"Let us celebrate!" Lexa said, raising a glass. Raven and I grabbed our own glasses, still partially wrapped around each other. "A toast, to the future betrothed" Everyone touched glasses, and drank heartily. People came to congratulate us, and by the end of the night, my face was hurting from smiling. I hadn't smiled like this in a while. 

"I'm so thankful you said yes" I whispered to Raven, and she just laughed lightly. 

"I was waiting for you to propose, but if you weren't going to do it by next week, I would've done it" She said, and I smiled, kissing the part of her jaw under her ear. "Alex, please. Your mother is watching us" Raven whispered, still smiling to mask everything. 

"To be continued" I kissed her lips, biting her lower a little. 

"You little-" Raven started, but I held a finger to her lips, shushing her and mushed whatever words she had formed. 

"Careful" I said. "Language" 

"Fine. To be continued. For sure" Raven smirked, walking away. I smiled, and watched her leave. 

"What a catch" A familiar voice said into my ear. I turned, and saw John Murphy. 

"Hello John Murphy, nice to see you made it" I said. "I apologize for not being able to say anything to anyone before it happened...I was very nervous" I tell him truthfully. 

"So was I, when I realized what was happening" Murphy tells me. "Raven's been through Hell, Alex. It really is nice to see that she found someone that really cares about her" I smiled and hugged Murphy. "You'll be good to her, I know it"

"Thank you Murphy, for your kind words" I say. 

"Of course" he smiled back. "That's what friends are for"

"Indeed" I nodded, and walked around, speaking to everyone for a little bit at a time. 

Lexa caught my arm, and held me. I hugged her back, and she kissed my forehead. "I'm so proud of you" She whispered. I smiled, and rested my head on her shoulder. 

There was a slight bit of silence, and Lexa spoke again. "Do you love her?"

"Yes" I whispered. 

"How do you know?" 

"Nothing makes sense without her" I told Lexa, looking out at Raven who was laughing with Octavia and Clarke. Lexa smiled, and wrapped an arm around my shoulder. 

"It's real" She whispered to me, and pushed me towards Raven. 

"I know" I smiled at Lexa, then continued my walk to Raven. She had walked away from Octavia and Clarke, out to get another drink, when I pulled my arms around her waist. "Where you off to?" I ask her, whispering in her ear. 

"Out to get a drink" She tells me, grabbing another cup. 

"I have a better idea" I said, and heard air hiss between her teeth. 

"Not now, Alex" She whispered. 

"Why not? We're just two girls in love, and that's what everyone else sees too" I cooed. 

"C'mon, baby, not now" Raven groaned, trying to resist my charm. I smirked, backing up. 

"Fine" I huff. "Whatever you want"

"Good, cause I'm going to be wanting you later" Raven winked, and walked off with her drink. Later could not come soon enough.