Chapter 13

Clarke woke me up a few hours later, and we were both beginning to starve. I could feel it in me. Not so much my stomach anymore, as the starvation spread throughout my whole entire body. I groaned and looked at Clarke. She was feeling the same way, as she chewed on her lower lip. 

"Food" I whispered. Clarke nodded, and started to stand. I stood as well, but I was so sore that I stumbled a few feet. "Clarke" I cough. 

She looked up at me. 

"Do you know if you went through this area before Lexa saved you?" I asked Clarke. 

"Thats what she called capturing me?" Clarke asked. I froze, but Clarke waved it off. "I'm over it" I released the breath I was holding in, and then continued to talk "I did, but that was a long time ago" 

"Traps? Any animal traps?" I ask, eager. She looks around us, and then her eyes go wide, and she nods quickly, grabbing my arm and pulling me through the forest.  We come to the first trap, and it was empty. I could feel my stomach wrenching inside me, and my hope failing when we checked the next few traps. 

I sat down near a spring, and Clarke returned. She said she stored this a little while ago, and I stared at it. A bow, and almost two dozen arrows. She tossed it to me. 

"You know how to use this, right?" She asked me. I nodded. Kora taught me. She was the best archer in our village. Taught me, and I became the second best. "Good. My eyesight is not very good, since everything is still spinning from my concussion" 

I nodded again, paying attention. 

"So you'll need to go hunt" She says. 

"But what about you, Clarke?" I ask. "You said it yourself. Everything is still spinning from your concussion" I was concerned, and Clarke could hear it in my voice. 

"I'll be fine, Alex" Clarke grabbed my hand to reassure me. I smiled, and nodded. "In fact, I'm going to climb this tree right here, and not move" She says, beginning to climb the large tree but grimacing in pain as she climbed. I almost didn't leave her, but, she is Wanheda, and I am hungry. Clarke and I need food. 

I stalked out into the forest, listening with the hearing that finally had returned. In the end, my hunt was successful when I killed a rabbit. I went to collect it, and picked it up by the arrow, smiling and very hungry. Then, my eyes drifted to the right of the rabbit, at the ground. There was a footprint. It looked like mine, but when I made a footprint next to it, the other print was smaller. I crouched down, dropping my meal. 

There was blood pooled in the small indents that were made from the print. I looked at the rabbit's blood on my hands, and it was much lighter than this blood in the print. This print blood was thicker, too. Frowning, I picked up my rabbit and followed the prints a little, and the blood amount increased with each footprint. 

My heart started to beat faster. There was a survivor from the explosions. 

I froze, staring at a handprint, created by blood. Dark blood. I put my hand next to it, and a lighter handprint was created by the rabbits blood. My hand was a bit larger. The other handprint's fingers were slender and long, similar to my own. Then, I saw another set of footprints, and saw the two prints went side by side. One was limping, because the prints were dragged. I would have followed them farther, but they ended at the spring, and I wasn't about to get my boots wet and freeze my feet off overnight. 

I hurried back to Clarke, who carefully came down from the tree. 

"Nice" Clarke said. "Dinner" I nodded, and Clarke started a fire for us as I cleaned the rabbit. While the rabbit was cooking on some sticks, I told Clarke about my discovery. "Footprints?" Clarke asked, curious and hopeful. I nodded. "Do you think its..."

"Maybe" I say, shaking my head and watching the smoke trail upwards. No one would dare attack Wanheda or I. We are known as violent and very lethal. "I intend to follow the trail" I look at Clarke, and she nodded. 

"Morning, though" She says. 

"Morning" I agree. 

A/N: 
Does anyone even read/enjoy this? Cause idk if you guys do. I'm just venting all my thoughts and feelings into writing, and I wasn't sure if anyone even liked this.

>Kennedy