Chapter 47

My eyes opened again, and my hand hovered above both the children. Gasping for air, and scared out of my mind, I pulled my hand back, and stumbled backwards to the ground. 

"Alex?" Clarke asked, she and Raven moved first until Lexa noticed I was on the ground. "Alex are you alright?"

"Why are you sweating so much?" Raven frowned. "And shaking?"

"I-I'm fine" I whispered, getting to my feet without anyones help. I didn't need anyones help to get to my feet. I had my own arms and legs that still worked. "Just kind of rattled"

"What happened?" Lexa asked me, stern. I looked into her eyes. "You know they're going to use everything you love against you" The voice told me again. Why is it still here?

"I just almost passed out. I didn't drink water or any much this morning or last night" I whispered, starting to walk towards the door. 

"Where are you going?" Lexa asked me. I matched her frown, and shook my head. 

"To get some air, and some water" I said. 

"I'll go with you" Raven offered, reaching to grab my hand. 

"Nah, it's alright. I'm fine" I whispered, and walked out. 

Once the door was closed behind me, I took off running. I needed to get away. I needed air. I sprinted outside and almost to the edge of the city. I didn't want to leave and make Lexa worry like she usually does, so I just stood there, staring out at the woods that surround us. 

"You're the girl who destroyed armies" The voice didn't seem like it enjoyed leaving me  and my mind alone. I opened my mouth to speak, but it shushed me as I felt a hand on my shoulder. 

"Remove your hand, or I will rip it off and beat you to death with it" I commanded, and the obeyed. I carefully turned around, and saw Aden. "Aden" I say, shocked. I had half expected to see the one whose voice is in my head. "I'm sorry, I believed you were someone else"

"It's alright, Alex" he smiled. 

"Everyone and everything you love" The voice reminded me. "He is like your brother, yes? Then he will be one to die" 

I ignored the voice, and Aden went on talking about how he was training some of the younger Nightbloods.  

"They wanted a monster" The voice growled. "So I decided to give them one. You" 

"Are you alright?" Aden asked me. I nodded, afraid to open my mouth and speak. I didn't want to start yelling at the voice in my head. "Are you sure?" I nodded again. "Alright, suit yourself. But if you ever need anyone to talk to, you can talk to me, okay?" I thanked him with a smile. 

"Kill him" The voice growled over and over in my head. "Do it. Do it now" My arm suddenly felt pulled to my sword, and it took my strength to not pull my sword out when Aden walked by, squeezing my shoulder. 

Once Aden was out of earshot, I unclenched my teeth, and spat. "I'm not going to kill for you"

"Once upon a time, and angel lay dying in the mist. And a devil knelt over him, and smiled" The voice tells me this...story of sorts. I frowned. "Heaven wont take me, Alex, and Hell is afraid I'll take over" 

"Who are you?" I asked. 

"Once, I was called Garvan" The voice tells me. "That is all you need know" 

I continued my walk. 

"What do you want with me?" I asked the voice. 

"I want to save you" Garvan says. 

I scoff. "By what? Telling me crazy things? Asking me to kill my childhood friend?"

"You're getting tired of pretending you aren't evil, aren't you, Alex?" Garvan asks me. I freeze, and his laugh fills my head. "Your soul will scream for mercy, and you will receive none" 

I became afraid. "I thought you wanted to save me" 

"And I am saving you. If a wolf was in the woods with you, the wolf would run" Garvan says. 

"What are you talking about?" I asked. 

"Your soul is dying, Alex. I am going to replace it soon" Garvan says, and a deep laughter bubbles inside of him. "But I don't want to kill you, in fact I want you to keep your soul. It is too dark for me to live. But I am going to teach you how to be...more you"

"Get out of my head" I said through clenched teeth. 

"Make me"

A/N:
 AHHH THANK YOU FOR 1K READS I LOVE Y'ALL
-kennedy