Chapter 11

Anodien paced back and forth in her room, her heart feeling like it was ripping itself apart. She started wringing her wrists, her mind racing as she thought of Tauriel and Legolas. Tauriel. Tauriel. Tauriel. Tauriel. Tauriel. Tauriel. Tauriel. Tauriel. Tauriel. Tauriel. Tauriel Tauriel Tauriel Tauriel TAURIEL TAURIEL! Anodien slammed her hand into a glass vase on a table, sending it flying into the wall. It shattered into a thousand pieces, and the Faeling fell to her knees.

"You didn't deserve him," Anodien growled, holding onto her dark brown hair. She ignored the pain in her scalp and focused on her hatred of the Elleth who'd broken his heart. That animosity spread to Legolas, who couldn't move past what a She-Elf had done to him countless years ago.

Anodien stopped short, reflecting on this current thought. I've done the same thing, she thought with shame. However, this moment of guilt quickly passed as Tauriel came into her mind once again. Baring her teeth, she let out a snarl from the back of her throat. Her sharp canines pressed into her tongue, breaking its skin and making her bleed. She wanted nothing more than to rip the senseless Elleth apart, hating her for loving him and at the same time hating her for letting him go.

The Elleth pounded her clenched fists against the wall repeatedly until she felt a bone snap in her little finger. The abrasions caused by the scraping bled lightly, and Anodien cradled her hand to her chest. The sting that her broken finger caused was nothing compared to the misery that her broken heart caused.

I hate him. I hate her. I hate him. I hate her. She repeated this over and over in her head, trying to convince herself that she could indeed hate Legolas. I hate... I hate myself for falling for him. Anodien's despairing mind sent shocks through her veins, and her heart beat furiously. The heart palpitations began to physically hurt, and she slid down to the floor. I can't stand this. Tears rolled down her cheeks, and a whimper escaped her lips. "I hate you..." Anodien couldn't figure out who she spoke to.

She hurt Legolas, and that's a sin I cannot forgive. What does she have that I don't?! Why can't I be enough for him?!

"What have I done, Iluvatar," Anodien hissed aloud, "that you would condemn me to live alone? You would have me lose everyone..." She bit her lip, shame dripping from her eyes. "He was never mine to lose..." The princess slammed her head against the wall multiple times, and her heart clenched. Her hatred roiled in her belly, against all three of them.

Legolas.

Tauriel.

Anodien.

Legolas.

Tauriel.

Anodien.

Legolas.

Tauriel.

Anodien.

Legolas.

Tauriel.

Anodien.

Legolas.

Legolas.

Legolas.

Legolas.

Legolas.

"Legolas," Anodien whispered, her throat tightening. "Legolas..."