Reasons and Roses

WRITTEN BY:

BlueLovesSilver

She should've opted for the all-girls dormitory.

Seriously, she should have chosen those pretentious rooms with petty girls wondering about what they should wear tomorrow, talking about boys, squealing and shouting at some noontime show with guys in drag and a girl who won't talk but keeps on smiling at that bedimpled guy.

But who cares about those? Not her. In fact, she hates those girls with passion. Sobrang aarte, my goodness. Mas pinoproblema ang ganda kaysa grades.

That's why she's stuck here in a small dorm with Psychology freshie, an assistant professor, and the VetMed major who is currently packing her things and leaving before the sem starts. May friend daw na naghahanap ng roommate sa bahay at dun nalang daw siya.

Technically, it's just her and Psych freshie here. The assistant professor spends a whole lot of her time at her boyfriend's house, doing lessons. Let's leave it at that, lessons.

She hates her Psych-freshie-dorm-mate-slash-bunkbed-mate, and it's not just because he's bedimpled. No, she has her reasons why she hates RJ. Here's a dozen:

I. RJ can't cook.

First day during her dorm transfer, this is what she discovers.

It's always up to her to create meals for them. He did try to help one time, and both regretted it. RJ is a disaster in the kitchen, not even being able to fry a simple egg or hotdog properly. He knows how to boil water, though.He makes noodles, cup noodles. He'd probably live on those if she wasn't here.

He's always the one to wash the dishes though. Maine is thankful to be off from the chore she hates the most.

Maine thinks that if he won't cook, then he might not kill them both after all.

II. RJ is stingy.

As payment for her cooking services, RJ decided that he buys the groceries. Maine joins him since he doesn't know anything about fresh meat and veggies. For a straight guy (she asked, for adjustment purposes) he's got a grocery list. Ang lakas maka-nanay bes! Sinong nag-gogrocery ng may listahan? He follows it religiously as well.

Yun talaga kase yung nakakainis. Wala daw sa listahan yung Mikmik at Hawhaw.

But he ends up buying a pack of Nips, because it's in the list. Because of this she may or may not end up shouting at him in the candy aisle. It was early in the morning, no college student in their right minds (in their own abnormal way) would wake up for a grocery run. Good thing there was no staff near them as well. Nakakahiya.

Maine buys her own Mikmik and Hawhaw, and contemplates on whether she should add poison to his meal that she's cooking.

III. RJ is patient.

Cheret, ako ang may sakit.

Three hours after the first week of exams ended, Maine decided to de-stress. Her way of de-stressing includes a gallon of ice cream, venti frappe and chicken and beer. Only her version is crazy-good cheesy chicken-nuggets as RJ named it and some cheap beer. Of course it included a marathon of Assassination Classroom, to which RJ complained because she was laughing so hard at 1 am but ended up watching with her.

It was a new day when they slept, then boom, the sickness hit her like a bullet train when she woke up. It was the worst combination ever: Trangkaso x Dinosaur.