Lost and Found - Chapter One

WRITTEN BY:

thenataliagrace

01 January 2015 (AM)

Everything began when their story ended.

It was the final day of filming and the entire production staff was milling around the room.

"Places everyone! Places!" The Assistant Director flipped through a clipboard. "We'll start in a few minutes."

Everyone fell silent.

In the distance, the lead actors moved towards the center of the room. The leading man squared his shoulders while the leading lady is getting a last-minute touch-up for her look. One would think that they were both ready but they're not. They only received the scripts for today's scene this morning so they barely had time to review it before the call time.

"Everyone ready? Guys? This is the last scene so you better step up your game! Okay? Good." The Director's voice rang out through the set. "Action!"

The lights blared and the cameras started to roll.

"You're here," the leading man breathed out, his fists clenched at his sides. He'd been practicing this part while he was in the car, hoping it would look more real than reel. There's a lot riding on their performance.

The leading lady turned to glance at him, tears streaming down her face. "What are you doing here? How did you find me? I thought —"

"Where were you?" He was so frustrated that he no longer control his emotions. "I was worried about you!"

Her jaw dropped. "What? I..."

He moved forward. "Akala ko may nangyaring masama sa iyo! Wala ka pa namang kasama!" He wrung his hands in frustration. "Kanina pa kita hinahanap! Naubos na iyung gasolina ng sasakyan ko dahil sa iyo! Hindi ka pa sumasagot ng tawag ko!"

The lead actress turned to the camera. "Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why do you care?" She let out a bitter laugh and then folded her arms over her chest. "How many times do I have to say it? I don't need you or your pity! I'm doing fine on my own!"

"Maybe," he looked at her intently as he walked towards her. "But I'm not."

Before she could respond, he slid his hand around her waist and he pulled her against him. He then placed his hand on the back of her head, before dropping his head for a kiss. She gasped against his mouth and then kissed him back desperately.

They pulled apart slightly. "Don't ever do that again, okay?" He then lifted her chin and then gazed into her eyes. "Next time, let me know where you'll be. I promise that this time...I'll stay. I'll never leave your side."

Her face broke into a smile. She then opened her mouth to say those three words...

"Direk? Pwede bang palitan natin iyung linya ko?"

The leading actor let out a groan. "Seriously?!?"

"Cut! Cut! Cut!" The director bellowed, throwing the script on the floor. "Anong balak niyo? Abutin na naman tayo ng siyam-siyam?"

"What the hell is wrong with you?" He snapped at the lead actress. "How many times do I have to tell you? You can't change the script! Why are you doing this to me? You know that we have to clear this today!"