Nine

Leaving Lauren was the hardest thing I had ever done.

It was painful.

It was dreadful.

And it practically killed me.

"Miss Hansen, would you like something to drink?" The air attendant asked and I looked up to her, my eyes watering.

"No thank you," I answered, my voice hoarse from fighting with Lauren before I had left San Francisco.

She left me alone without any words, knowing it wasn't her place to try to comfort me.

I had been on the plane for five hours and regardless of the time, I couldn't sleep.

It was strange how she had such an effect on me.

I hadn't realized how attached I had became. I had slept with her every night since she got back and we had been inseparable since then.

But now that I was alone.

Now that I had left her, I needed her more than ever.

I guess the saying of,"you never know what you have till it's gone," was true.

My mind had wandered off to thoughts about Lauren. About her dark, untamed hair, her full pink lips, her adorable smile, and of course, those stunning green eyes.

All I could picture was her looking at me, her eyes red and filled with tears as I told her I had to go.

It broke my heart, over and over again.

I didn't even know what to do.

Maybe I should try to contact her.

I could apologize and fix things.

Oh, but things weren't that easy.

My hands took hold of my phone shakily, the nervousness almost making me rethink my decision.

But I did it, I texted her.

Me: Lauren, I'm so sorry baby. Please talk to me. I swear I didn't know this would happen. I never wanted to leave you.

My foot tapped against the floor, anxious for Lauren to reply.

My eyes widened once I saw that the text was read and the three dots appeared, making my heart skip a beat.

My Lolo: This is Camila, Lauren doesn't need to speak to you. You hurt her.

My lips pulled into a frown as I saw that it was Mila. Why was she with Lauren?

She didn't get to take over.

Knowing Camila, she wanted to be back in number one position since I was gone but that couldn't happen.

It felt weird having these thoughts.

Camila had been one of my best friends.

But she had abandoned me, she didn't tell me when Lauren had disappeared, I was beginning to question if she was really my friend.

Of course she was, what a silly question.

Me: Hey Mani, is Lauren there with you guys?

I texted my best friend and started to feel more calm.

Normanz💕: Yeah

Me: Can I talk to her?

Normanz💕: No, you left her.  I love you Dinah but what you did. It was terrible.

Me: Mani, I didn't have a choice!

Normanz💕: I know. But girl it's killing her. She won't do anything. She's been sobbing all night.

I frowned as I thought about Lauren crying again.

Me:please just let me talk to her.

Normanz💕: She'll talk to her when she's ready.

I knew that was the end of our conversation.

-------

I had expected her to call me.

That was the truth.

I had been running my company from the capital of Britain for about six months and Lauren still hadn't contacted me.

I thought I would get over her but no matter how many girls and boys I met, no matter how many I kissed or slept with, she was always in my thoughts.

I was in love with her, and I would never be in love with anyone else.

I couldn't believe I couldn't let go, there had to be some way.

"Miss Hansen, your flight leaves at twelve," my district manager reminded me out of courtesy as I stared out the window.

It was gloomy outside, like most days.

Rain patterned down and I found my heart aching even more when I remembered how Lauren loved to run around in the rain just to have fun.

I was going home today. I was going to see her tomorrow and I was going to tell her the truth.

I was in love with Lauren Jauregui.

Sorry it's so short. I was just trying to get an update up for you guys. I have a laurinah one shots book going so if you get bored read that because it'll probably be updated more often.

-author