Eighteen

Dinah

All I can remember is doing the unimaginable, tracking Normani and Ally to find her. To find Lauren. To find my child.

It had been almost nine months and when Ally and Normani said they were leaving to go somewhere together, I just knew it was to see Lauren. They had to have still had contact with her after she left and I was hot on their trail.

Something had changed in me the moment she left, something that triggered a dark side in me and to be honest. It frightened myself even. I didn't know how to explain it. It was the want, the need to hurt anyone who got in the way of me finding Lauren and bringing her home. I didn't care if she didn't want me. I was going to get her and make her mine.

"Ma'am, their flight arrived in Miami, permission to engage?" One of my men asked and I shook my head, feeling my blood boil.

How could I be so stupid? Of course she went running back home. And to make it worse, she went running back home with Camila. I felt myself become angry, my fist connecting with the window of the SUV we were in.

"Denied, follow target," I commanded and we sped off through an alley, on our way to find my love.

-

They had said something had changed in me. My friends, my family, and maybe they were right. Some of the women I slept with claimed I was crazy, a mad woman who just knew how to hide it. Some said I had mental illnesses and needed help. I didn't care though, I called it being driven.

Driven to succeed, to grasp at power, to take what was mine. And right now, all I could focus on was taking Lauren.

It had been months since I saw her because I let her loose, I let her run away and act as if I were okay, but it was all just a plan. The moment she left, the gears in my head were turning to get her back to me and I would. I would get her back to me and make her mine again.

"Ma'am, car is arriving to hospital. Proceed to follow?" One of my men spoke and my eyes lifted to the window, my gaze immediately catching a white car that was driving through the streets frantically.

It must be happening, she must be having the baby now. "Proceed," I ordered and this time my voice was full of power and the car sped up, making sure to follow the car Normani and Ally were in.

-

Lauren

"Shh, it's okay, just breathe," Camila's calming voice soothed me as I breathed deeply, my contractions getting stronger.

"Camila," I mumble out as I feel myself becoming dazed from all the medication. The baby couldn't apparently make up their mind about if they wanted to come out or not and the doctors had given me more and more medicine to help get the baby out but it didn't feel like it was working.

She looked down at me, her brown eyes full of warmth and love as she whispered to me in Spanish, my mind immediately calming itself at the sound of her voice. She pushed back strands of my hair that were stuck to my forehead from sweat and made sure to keep looking at me.

Camila was always good at this, good at calming me. She had been ever since we were little. I suppose it was because of the special bond we had held for years now, something no one could break.

My hand squeezed Camila's in pain as I cried out, the hurt becoming unbearable. "Oh my god," my best friend whispered as she stopped speaking in Spanish and I looked up to her through teary eyes, trying to figure out why she had stopped trying to comfort me.

Her mouth was parted in shock and I quickly followed her line of sight, straight to Her. To Dinah Jane Hansen. The sight caused my tears to break free and roll down my cheeks in agony as Dinah immediately started to walk to me but a doctor came in and grabbed her arm.