Twelve

Lauren

I had admitted what I had been going through for the past months to Dinah and to be honest, I had never felt more loved.

"Baby, it's time to get up," Dinah whispered in my ear and I curled back into her warm, bare body.

When I was around her, the panic attacks didn't happen. I didn't have nightmares and I knew it was because I felt safe.

I felt like there's was nothing that could touch me when I was in her arms.

"I don't wanna," I complained sleepily as I reached back, finding her hand and bringing it around my bare body. "And I know you don't want to either."

Her arms tightened around me almost immediately and I felt soft kisses trailing up my shoulder to my ear.

"Mmm, if I could lay in bed all day with you I would," she hummed into my ear and I smiled softly. "But, we should get on the road if we wanna make it to Las Vegas today."

"Fine," I mumbled and rolled over onto Dinah, straddling her hips.

I stared into her deep brown eyes and couldn't help but smile as the Polynesian girl reached up and brought my lips to hers.

She kissed me softly, seeming to forget that she just said we should leave now.

I let out a ragged moan at the feeling of Dinah's little friend and smirked when I pulled away, the younger girl pouting as I stood up and went to take a shower.

I locked the door because I knew my girlfriend would think this was an invitation to come shower with me.

"I'll go get some breakfast," she said through the door loudly as I turned on the shower.

"Okay!" I replied and started to wash my hair.

Once I was done, I got dressed and dried my hair before applying a little make up.

When I came out of the room I was happy to find my girlfriend had set up a little breakfast for us.

"Oh my god babe, the lady. She makes all the food herself and it's fucking amazing. You gotta try the waffles," Dinah said happily and I chuckled, sitting down across from her at the small table.

I took a waffle and tore off a piece, eating it slowly because dang. This was a good waffle.

"Great, right?" Dinah smiled and she was so content that it made my heart flutter.

"Mhm," I nodded and continued eating my breakfast.

When we finished, we got packed up and left, starting our drive to Las Vegas.

We talked, laughed, and sang to the radio all day and before we knew it, we were in Las Vegas.

"Wow, it always gets bigger each time we come here," I said and stared in awe out of the window.

"Yeah, so, I made reservations at Caesar's Palace and I was thinking we could go do the zip line across the casinos once we get checked in," Dinah suggested and I smiled.

"At night?"

"Yeah, the city looks beautiful when it's all lit up at night."

"I'm sure it does."

Once we reached the strip of casinos and got signed in, we were riding up the elevator to the top  of a building.

"I can't believe we're doing this," I gripped Dinah's hand tightly.

"I know you're scared of heights but look at the view Lauren. You're safe, okay?"

"Excuse me ladies, please step over here so we can get you your harnesses," a boy who was probably around our age said and Dinah started to pull away but my grip stopped her.