Fifteen

Wow, fifteen chapters. Let's go fam.

Lauren

Waking up with my head nuzzled into Dinah's warm chest was probably my favorite feeling.

Even surpassing my happiness on Christmas morning.

Well, maybe equal.

Christmas was probably the best day of the year but waking up with Dinah on the holiday made it better.

"Mm, Lauren. Go back to sleep," my girlfriend's lazy, tired voice brought me out of my thoughts as I curled into the warmth of her body.

It must've been really early because it was completely dark with no light streaming in through the blinds.

Dinah's hand ran through my hair soothingly, silently urging me to go back to sleep and although it was tempting I wanted to open presents.

"I'm not tired," I replied and lifted my head, shivering as my shoulders were exposed to the cold air.

"When are you not tired?" She whispered and I could feel her cracking a smile as she lifted her head to meet my lips but ended up kissing my jaw.

I giggled and I heard her huff in frustration as I continuously moved my head so she couldn't kiss my lips.

"Babe, stopppp!" She groaned as she kissed my ear this time.

"Okay, okay, fine," I mumbled and let her lips find mine this time, allowing her to kiss me softly.

Maybe I didn't want to sleep and I wanted to go start Christmas, but I definitely didn't want to leave my cozy spot on our bed, kissing the love of my life.

Eventually my body got tired and I crumbled, resting my weight against Dinah as we kissed.

"Dinah," I whispered against her soft, full lips and pulled up, straddling her waist as she sighed.

"Yes?" Her tone hinted annoyance as I reached over and turned the lamp on, looking down at her.

"You're so beautiful," I said quietly and caressed her cheek, the area turning red as I complimented her. "So sexy." I whispered huskily this time as I leaned down to her ear.

"Lauren, I swear-,"she started but I was already kissing her frustration away.

I let her think I was going to snuggle up and go back to sleep with her before hopping out of bed, throwing on a shirt quickly before opening the door and racing downstairs.

I was surprised to find all of the little kids sleeping on the ground in sleeping bags, next to the fireplace.

I smiled at the scene and looked around, seeing that there were cookies and milk for Santa.

Dinah came down the spiral staircase and I grinned devilishly, raising an eyebrow towards the cookies and milk.

I mean I couldn't just leave them there! That would crush the poor kids' hearts, so I ate the two cookies and gulped down the milk as Dinah only crossed her arms  and shook her head at me.

I sent her another smile and walked over to her, grabbing her hand.

"Go along with it," I whispered and she raised an eyebrow at me.

"Oh my gosh! Santa came! He was here!" I exclaimed and acted surprised as the kids started to wake up. "Guys look! Santa came!"

Their heads turned towards the fireplace and I watched in enjoyment as their eyes lit up, gathering around the plate.

"Santa brought presents!" Dinah's little brother shouted and they all crowed around the tree, shaking presents, trying to figure out what was inside.

"You are amazing," Dinah whispered in my ear as she held me from behind, a heartfelt smile on her lips as I looked up to her.

"Guys! We gotta wake our parents up!" Someone yelled and the small children all ran up the stairs, hurrying to wake their family members.

-

The morning went by in a flash, the huge pile of presents beneath the tall tree slowly disappearing.

The last few were quickly opened and I couldn't be any happier as we spent the morning hugging and thanking each other for presents.

"Oh my gosh! A trip to Italy!" My brother's eyes were wide with excitement and he practically crushed me in a hug. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" He repeated over and over again as he grinned.

"You're very welcome," I smiled and he looked down to the plane tickets as if to make sure they were really there before smiling at me again.

"Excuse me, I have something I'd like to do," my girlfriend announced and I brought my attention to her as she grinned at me.

Her eyes were nervous but happy and mine became wide as she got down on one knee in front of me, drawing a small black box from her pocket.

"Lauren Michelle Jauregui, you are the most amazing woman I've ever met and we've been on a crazy roller coaster the last few months together. We've been through thick and thin and I know you're the person I want to be with for the rest of my life. And I know this is all unexpected but I love you Lauren. So will you, Lauren Michelle, do me the honor of marrying me?"

-

Happy holidays! I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season and thanks for all the support! I love you all!

-author