Nineteen

Dinah

There was something wrong with me. I could feel it inside me. It was taking over and I couldn't stop it. Every time I tried to fight it, it was like I was having an internal battle with myself and I was losing.

When I left Los Angeles to find Lauren, it was as if my body was running on autopilot. It was like I had no control and I could see how bad it was every time I looked at Lauren who would flinch in fear and try to keep CC away from me. I felt angered easily and I felt protective to a point I would practically growl at the doctors who came to check on Lauren.

"Dinah, we need to talk," Lauren said and I ran a hand through my hair, looking to her.

I couldn't believe how much had changed since I met her for the first time. She had matured so much, she had changed into a whole different person. It was like no matter the situation, she knew how to adapt.

"You need help," she said quietly and I raised an eyebrow, rising to my feet.

"What did you say?"

"You need help. Something's wrong with you."

I glared and felt my fingers curling in to form a fist as I walked towards Lauren who was inching away. "I am fine."

"Dinah, you're not fine. Please, you need help."

She held CC to her chest tightly, her eyes full of fear as she backed away, flinching when her back met the wall. "Please."

"I don't need help!" I yelled and all I could think about was hurting her, making her suffer for accusing me of needing help.

"Dinah, please," she begged one time and it was as if everything was black and all I could see was her, ready to take.

"We're going home. Now," I growled and CC started to cry, wailing in Lauren's arms. She looked scared and I felt something in my chest stop. It was like I couldn't breathe as I saw how she feared me. This wasn't what I wanted.

All I could see was her as I fell to the floor, Lauren's eyes wide as she yelled something before running towards me.

-

When I woke up, I was strapped down to a chair. This was concerning, I thought to myself and looked around, scanning the white room for anything to get me out. That's when I realized there was nothing in the room. Just me, the chair, and these damn straps.

But for some reason, I felt calm and I wasn't sure why. It was like my mind knew how to handle this instinctively. So I sat there and hummed to myself.

Lauren

"Is she okay?" I asked as we watched Dinah through a window at a rehab facility.

After Dinah passed out, things happened quickly. There were many doctors and all I can remember is hearing them mention something about a mental illness that Dinah had formed. Then they took her here and I couldn't bring myself to leave her alone.

I had always feared these places, mostly because this is where psychopaths ended up.

"She's not struggling, she's calm. This isn't good," the doctor was quiet and sounded worried as he wrote something down on a clipboard.

"Isn't that good though? She's being good," I was quick to try and jump to her defense, my instincts taking over because I wanted to get her out of here.

"No, any normal person would be struggling when retrained and become angry, confused even," he mumbled and I watched through the window as Dinah only looked around.