Four-Leaf Clover

Inspired by A_Dark_Harmony

Cas was sitting on the bench in the small field behind the bunker. He watch the bees jump from flower to flower. It was a mystery why bees fascinated the angel so much. But maybe he understood them just a little bit better than other people or angels. The bees worked individually but then they had to come together. That's what he couldn't do it this moment in time. He's been lonely ever since the fight with Dean.

Cas entirely blamed himself for the fight too. He instigated the monster that The Mark of Cain turned Dean into. The cuts and bruises on his face were still healing and he couldn't make them any better, any faster, by himself. His grace will still gone. iit was lost. The little he did have was fading. And it was fading fast.

Among the flowers that the bees were pollinating he noticed some clovers. All of them with three green leaves sprouting from the stem. Cas, being so observant, noticed just one different from the others. He knelt down to pick it, confused at why it was so different from the others. Just like the Bea is clover was just like him. Only one different from the rest. It was an outsider that wouldn't fit in no matter what.

Just then, a door cracked open, startling the angel. Dean walked out to find him. He felt really bad about the fight and wanted to apologize even though there was no words to describe how bad he felt. He sighed in relief and half-heartedly laughed when he saw the startled Castiel. "Hey bud... Whatcha' doing?"

Cas furrowed his eyebrows. "Looking at these clovers. This one has four instead of three." It's been over a week since the two last talked, All Cas could think about was why Dean was there in the first place. Why was he even talking to him?

"That one's special. You know I've heard that four leaf clovers are good luck if you pick them."

"Well I did pick it. It didn't like being the outcast of the group. And maybe if it really is good luck, maybe that's why you're standing with me. If you hear that means you must not hate me. I guess I'm lucky that you don't hate me."

"I could never hate you, Cas. I'm honored to be your good luck. I don't know what happened to mark took over. I'm so sorry."

"What will keep the mark from taking over then?" Cas asked, twiddling the stem of the clover beteen his fingers.

"Maybe some good luck..."

Cas looked at the green leaves once again and decided to hold the supposed good luck charm. He gave it to Dean. The action caused Dean's heart to flutter. Such a simple gesture meant so much. Especially since Cas never gave up on him and always cared, no matter what. "Here, Dean."

"No no, Cas that's yours. I'll find my own, but thank you."

"Well then you've found it. I realized that this might be a metaphor for good luck. The oddball, its different, but it gives you hope. I'm the different one. Maybe i can be your four-leaf clover?" Cas looked up at him and squined because of the sun.

"I'd love that!"