XIX

XIX: ABDUCTED

HUNTER'S

I heard everything. Every word that I heard from their conversation was like a knife. Stabbing me word by word.

I love her. Yes I do. It was a long time ago when I felt it but I was scared to admit it to myself. I was a fool for not realizing it sooner. And I was a fool for trusting her. The pain was just unbearable. She was my light. My sun that shone unto me in my darkest days. She made me realize a lot of things. She made me realize my mistakes. She opened my eyes on the things I should do and hearing her say those words, hearing straight from her that she fooled me, that she just used me. Fuck this life! I want to strangle someone's neck to pour out my frustrations.

I sat on my bed and tried to prevent my tears from falling. This is too much. Mas masakit pa nung nalaman kong wala na ang asawa ko. Then all our memories came flooding back to me.

The first time I saw her.

  "Hindi mo dapat sinigawan ng ganoon ang mga bata. Maaaring investors nga ang mawawala sa iyo, pero mas magsisisi ka 'pag nawala sayo ang mga anak mo" 

"Minsan talaga, may mga magulang na walang karapatang maging magulang"

I saw hers and my late wife's resemblance but hey, she was prettier. I didn't love her because she looks like my wife. Yes, somewhat, that was a factor. But no, I loved her because she is true to herself. She speaks what she thinks. She is brave and fearless. She is witty. She is funny. She is everything! She is my everything and yet she chose to hurt me.

I was taken aback from my thoughts when I heard someone knocked on my door. 

I saw Manang Lorna when I opened the door. Pumasok siya sa loob ng kwarto ko at umupo sa kama ko, tapping the side of the bed for me to sit beside her. I obliged to go to her and she hugged me.

"Di ko sinasadyang marinig ang usapan niyo ni Aria kanina. Nasa loob pa din siya ng kwarto niya" Sabi ni Manang sa'kin. It's been a few hours. Di pa siya kumakain? Nakatulog ba siya? Will she leave? Urgh I can't help myself. "Ayos lang umiyak anak. Minsan yan nalang ang magagawa mo para ilabas lahat ng sakit. Hindi yan kabaklaan. Isa lang yang patunay na nasasaktan ka dahil mahal mo siya" Manang told me. I am angry at her but I can't stop thinking about her.

"Maaring may dahilan si Aria kung bakit niya nagawa sa iyo yun pero anak, naniniwala ka bang hindi ka niya minahal? Nagtatanong ako kasi gusto kitang tulungan. Nakita ko ang hirap mo mula nang mawala ang asawa mo. Nawalan ka ng buhay at bumalik lang yun nang dumating si Aria. Sinasabi ko ito dahil parang ako na ang tumayong nanay mo at gusto ko lang ang makakabuti para sa'yo. Kasi para sa'kin totoo lahat ng ipnakita niya anak. Magtiwala ka lang. Maayos din ang lahat" The words thyat manang told me kept me thinking. I didn't even let her explain.

"Thanks Manang" I told her and smiled. Maybe I need to hear her side. Maybe I need to talk to her. No, I need to talk to her.

I ran to her room and knocked on her door.

"Aria? Babe please talk to me! I never intended to say those words and I'm sorry. Please let me in" I shouted and banged her bedroom door.

I remembered placing a duplicate key on on the carpet of each bedroom door. I got it and opened her bedroom too see it empty. I went to her closet and all her things are gone. She left already. She's gone.

I just fixed myself and went downstairs. It's morning already and I need to check up on the kids. Also I need to go  to the office. This was one of the things that Aria taught me. To think of everyone's sake before mine. Yes I'm hurt but this is not the time to be selfish again. I have kids to take care of and a company to run. I can find her after this. I have my ways.

 Naabutan ko silang kumakain na ng breakfast pagbaba ko.

"Hi daddy good morning!" Masiglang bati sa'kin ni Adi.

"Morning dad" 

"Good morning kids" I greeted back and gave them a slight smile.

"Dad where's Mommy Aria?" Adi asked me.

"She went to work early. There's something that she needed to do" I lied to them. I don't want to disappoint them. "Finish your breakfast, the both of you. Sumabay na kayo sa'kin. I'll drop you off in your school" 

"Really Dad? Yey!"

I dropped them both to school and went to my office. I relocated on the other building and their fixing my burnt office. I was in the middle of my paperwork when I received a package. I opened it and saw the same Voodoo doll labeled as Adi and Hero and saw a note in it.

"Abducted"

"If you want to see your twins alive, go here and face me. Alone"

I flipped it and saw the address. I also saw a phone inside the box. I turned it on and a video clip appeared. It was my twins. Tied up and helpless. I saw a masked man came to them and removed the cloth tied up on their mouth. They were crying. Oh god, my kids.

"Daddy help!"

"Dad, I'm scared. Please save us" 

And the video clip ended. I immediately went to the address said in the note. It was a warehouse in Antipolo City. Dark and isolated. There were cops and ambulances already. But how? I thought I'd go here alone. I ran to them and talked to the cops.

"Inspector, my kids are inside. I-I received a package and saw this address. A-Are they okay? Are they safe? Are they still inside?" I anxiously asked the cops.

"They are rescued when we got here. The abductors were all dead also. They are given first aids by now.The boy got shot. Check the ambulance" He said and let me in the police line. My Hero  was shot. God please save them! 

I quickly went to the ambulance and saw my twins. I saw Hero being given first aid and Adi was unconscious. God how can I be so careless? 

"I'm their dad. I'll go with them" I said and came with them and rushed to the hospital.

- - - - - - - - - - - 

"Xander how's my son?" I asked the him that came out of the operating room. Xander is a good friend of mine and he owns this hospital.

"He lost a lot of blood. He needs a donor asap but his blood type is O-. We don't have any blood bags left" He said. 

I am A+. Shit!

"I am O negative" I heard someone said behind me.

"Aria" I nonchalantly blurted.

"Great, come with me" She quickly obliged and went off. I sat on the waiting area again, waiting for positive outcome.

A/N: Sorry for the slow and lame update. My phone's gone and I have no laptop or pc. Kaya hello computer shop. Lol. THANK YOU FOR THE 5.6K reads!!!!!!!!!!! I love you guys! Please continue supporting this story. Lovelots - Redd #VOMMENTnadinkayo #angdemandingkohuhuhuhu