PRETTY DESTINY 12

3rd Gift

◇◇◇

Chapter 12 - Past Pain

Kim Mingyu POV

"Yujeong?" someone said. And I saw Sujeong stop walking. I look at that girl who's calling 'Yujeong' just now. She look like calling Sujeong. But, Yujeong? "Ryu Yujeong, right?"

Sujeong slowly turn around. She look at that girl with short hair.

"You are," that girl said.

"Actually, I'm Sujeong," Sujeong said.

"Wait?! You are Sujeong? Oh My Gosh. Since when did you cut your front hair?" that girl asked. "Do you remember me?"

"Of course I remember you," Sujeong said. "Our Eunbi. Jung Eunbi,"
(😨)

"Long time no see. We've lost contact since I move to Japan, right?" that Eunbi girl said. "Where's Yujeong. Did she come with you?"

"Eunbi-ah. Yujeong already passed away," Sujeong said. From her voice, I know that she's controlling her own feeling. I think, she will cry anytime.

"Oh. I'm sorry about that," Eunbi said. "When? Why?"

"A week after you move to Japan. She has brain cancer. The surgery was failed. They can't save her," Sujeong said.

I guess that Yujeong they are talking about is the girl on Sujeong's phone lockscreen. There's Sujeong with another girl who look like Sujeong in the picture that she use as her phone lockscreen.

Maybe, that girl is the person that she said had left her.

"I'm sorry for not being there that time," Eunbi said.

"It's okay. Things already happened," Sujeong said. She look at her watch. "Oh. I need to go now. My parents is still here. If you want to, go meet them. They must've missed you a lot,"

"Alright. I hope we can meet again soon," Eunbi said.

Sujeong walk toward her parents and said something before walk out from the venue. I tell my parents that I have something to do and go out. I'm trying to find Sujeong.

She's walking toward a tree near to the building where the event was held. Sujeong sit under the tree. I walk toward her. I can hear she's sobbing.

"Ryu Sujeong," I called her name. She look at me. Her tears are still trickling down her cheeks.

"Leave me alone," she said. I walk toward her and sit beside her.

"With you crying like this, I'm sorry but I won't," he said. "I saw it. Your phone lockscreen,"

I look at Sujeong. She's trying to stop crying. She keep wiping her tears but it keep flowing.

"That's her, right?" I asked. "The person that had left you alone. The person who you want to continue and reach her dream. The person that make you want to protect my dream and Yuna's as well. The person that make you want to do what you do right now,"

◆◆◆

Ryu Sujeong POV

I sighed. He's right.

"You're right," I said. "You saw her picture, right? She's my twin. My older sister,"

I take out my phone. I show him another picture of Yujeong.

"When we're still young, she's the one who always having this style of hair cut. Yujeong and I attended an art school. She majoring in applied music while me in dance. That girl just now is our close friend, Jung Eunbi," I said. Mingyu just nods. Keep listening to my story.