Buck

Bucky had arrived in the tower. You had seen his memorial. He was pronounced dead in 1944, yet there he was. He was more attractive with longer hair, in your opinion. You knew you wanted to try him. Not in the sense that it sounds though. He seemed like the perfect person for you. And you personally loved helping people with their self esteem because you hardly had any yourself.

After 6 months of knowing Bucky, you had grown close. You would go out on dates, platonically, of course. He took you to see a movie you had been talking about forever. He claimed it was because you wouldn't shut up and it'd be nice to have some silence for once. In truth, he just loved watching you while you were passionate about or intrigued by something. It gave him a sense of peace, like he was doing something right.

Little did you know, that he would return to Winter Soldier mode two days later. He held a gun to your stomach but you still continued to come closer. With his feral eyes wide, he tilted his head back as you neared him, unsure of what you were doing. You stood on your tiptoes and wrapped your arms lovingly around his neck. "I know you're the good guy. Please, see the good guy," you whispered.

"Why aren't you scared of me?" he growled at you, confused by your actions.

"I know you won't hurt me. And I trust you. Why would I be scared of someone I trust?"

The silver handgun clicked threateningly. You reached your hand out for him to give it to you. "Do you trust me?"

"Yes, but I don't know why," he said, slowly putting the gun in your hand.

After Bucky had returned to normal, he couldn't stop apologizing. "Please, just listen. I can't keep putting you in danger."

"It's fine. Bucky, we're always in constant danger. You're not a threat to me."

You were getting ready to go to bed when Bucky asked you to come to his room for awhile. You watched movies for while. He left to get food and you continued to watch one of your favorites, (f/f/n).

Bucky went into the kitchen, knowing Steve would be there making food. "We.. we need to do it tonight."

"Bucky," he simply sighed with pained eyes.

They prepared the cryogenic freezer for him so he could go when he was ready. "Thanks for understanding, Steve. I can't trust my own mind. Until someone can get out whatever HYDRA put in there, I think this is what's best.. for everybody."

Steve nodded. Bucky grabbed some popcorn for himself and made a pack of teriyaki noodles for you. He had been gone for a good minute so he wasn't surprised to find you asleep when he returned. Only.. you were wearing one of his t-shirts. You had removed your bra and pants and curled yourself comfortably up on his bed. Bucky sighed.

He would miss you more than anyone. You cared for him in a way that only you could. You could snap him out of Winter Soldier mode almost effortlessly and you were constantly trying to help him accept himself. He had grown to love you. Your messy hair in the morning as you walked into the kitchen with only sweats and a tank top, your sleepy smiles as you both woke yourselves up in the gym. He loved you. And this was what he had to do.

It was for you. To keep you safe.

He pulled the blanket over your adorable, sleeping figure. Tears began to well in his eyes at the thought of leaving you behind. He was sure you'd find a way to get him before you got too old. And with that, he moved your disheveled hair and kissed your forehead. "I'm so in love with you," he muttered with a crack in his voice. "Thank you for loving me, too." He shuffled away, wiping away a few stray tears and sniffling as he went downstairs where everyone waited.