Tony - When She Loved Me

Tony was used to the group that lived at the tower now, even though they had just began to stay regularly. He saw every mission as a mission to be completed and he saw home as just another place to restlessly brainstorm and tinker. Then he met you. You had powers similar, yet more powerful than Wanda's. And you also had better control of them. You were assigned to him as the recruit-in-training, a bad idea on Fury's part obviously. But for about a year you put up with it. And you actually loved him. Every time he said something it made you laugh or smile. Any time he did something it was in thought of you. Tony grew used to always having you there, laughing and smiling and making every moment of his life better. Missions were now opportunities to stay alive to see you, and his useless tinkering was now to impress and amuse you, all because you paid attention to him rather than shoving him away.

When somebody loved me, everything was beautiful.
Every hour we spent together.. Lives within my heart.

"M-my sister.." you cried in a sobbing heap, trembling on the floor. Tony immediately was by your side to wipe your tears. He felt like it was his responsibility; he had to take care of you. It broke his heart to see you cry. So he was always there. Then you found that your powers were growing in strength and adversity. So the two of you celebrated, and Tony enjoyed every moment he got to see that smile stay on your face.

And when she was sad, I was there to dry her tears,
And when she was happy so was I,
When she.. loved.. me..

He took you swimming and for ice cream. And in the fall you saw movies and went on coffee shop dates. Any excuse to be with you somewhere public and Tony always found a way to worm you into never being able to say no. Not that you ever wanted to anyway.

Through the summer and the fall,
We had each other that was all.
Just she and I together, like it was meant to be.

One night, it was just you in your room even though Tony distinctly remembered you saying you invited some old friends for a sleepover. And, just in case, he checked on you. He heard a lonely mutter from the door when he knocked. When he opened it, he was faced with a sad looking girl who was all alone on her bed. He wrapped his arms around you in a hug and held you until you felt better. He was always there for you. You hugged him close and asked him to stay with you. You didn't want him to ever leave you.

And when she was lonely,
I was there to comfort her,
And I knew.. that
She.. Loved.. Me..

"I don't know what you want me to do! I have to leave, Tony. It's not like I can just refuse to do what they're telling me. I'll be out of a job and in a prison cell!" you spat. It tore you apart to yell at him but it was needed. He had to let you go. He didn't want to but he let you walk out the door. Not a day went by when he didn't miss how beautiful you were and how you brought life to his sad existence. He waited for you to come back, to say you loved him and that you'd never leave again.

So the years went by, I stayed the same,
She began to drift away.
I was left alone. Still I waited for the day,
When she would say "I.. will always.. love.. you."

After about 3 years of missing you, he began to lose hope. You'd probably forgotten about him the moment you left. It wasn't long until he was sulking around worse than before and everyone noticed it. There were no more snide remarks or snarky comments when someone did something he didn't like or did something wrong. He didn't even tell jokes in general. He stayed locked up in his room thinking of how happy you probably were without him.

Lonely and forgotten,
Never thought she'd look my way.

You found your best dress. You knew that Tony's annual spring party was tonight and there was no way you could miss it again. You needed to tell him that you had requested a transfer and that it was approved. You also needed to tell him how you felt. So you did minimal makeup, put on some black flats to match your dress, and walked out the door with a confident bounce in your step.

Tony hadn't even thought about tonight's party. He didn't care anymore. You didn't come last year, so why even have it? Everyone in the tower was getting ready and excited conversations buzzed about the living room as they finished up. Tony put on a tux and found that tonight was an excuse to get wasted and hopefully try to forget about you. But he didn't want to.

He stood near the pool tables which were strangely unoccupied by anyone. He guessed it was because liquor was more appealing than billiards. He stood at the one under the chandelier with his back to the crowded room before him. That's where you finally found him. He looked rough but you didn't care. "TONY!!" you ran to him and he opened his arms for you. You kept him in your arms but looked at his face with widest toothy grin you could ever make. Then you hugged him the way you always had, stroking your fingers through his hair. He almost started crying. You were back and he wasn't gonna let you go.

And she smiled at me and held me..
Just like.. she used.. to do.
Like she loved me, when she loved me..

"Tony Stark, I asked for a transfer back to the tower and it was approved. So I thought there was other way to break that news to you than with the words than I am, always have been, and always will be completely and utterly in love with you."

He kissed you immediately as the words left your mouth. The world finally had meaning again. You were here in his arms and you loved him. That's all he ever wanted. You loved him and that made everything beautiful.

When somebody loved me, everything was beautiful.
Every hour we spent together, lives within my heart.

When she... loved... me.