Vegetable Low Main

“Carter?” Tom asked, he started to say something else but I didn’t catch it I had started to run out of the room. I could hear everyone calling my name and asking for me to come back but I didn’t go back. I could hear somebody running after me, I finally stopped and turned around to see who it was once I got outside. To my relief it was just Elliot.

“Hey why’d you run outside, and come to think of it how’d you know that guy in there?”

“He was a friend of mine from Germany…it was him and his brother…”

“Then why’d you run out like that?”

“Well we were always together; we were together so much that whenever somebody would say one of us did something they had to say all three of us did just because if one of us was there all three of us were. When I moved we all promised to keep contact, we would never forget each other.” I stopped for a minute there trying to make it look as though I wasn’t as upset as I really was.

“Yeah and…” Elliot said nudging me on.

“For a while we kept contact, eventually though he stopped calling and emailing me. If I called he would never pick up, even if somebody did answer it would be Tom, never Bill…he forgot Blake…” At that point I broke down crying

“He was more than a friend to you wasn’t he?” Elliot asked, I just nodded, and he sat there with me as I cried.

-

A little while later after I had finished crying and splashed my face with cold water we went back to meet the guys.

“Hey are you alright?” Zach asked once I walked back into the room.

“Yeah, why wouldn’t I be?”

“Well after you ra-“ I just gave him a look and he knew right away to shut up. All of a sudden I felt a pair of arms rap around me. I knew immediately that it was Tom.

“TOM!”

“CARTER!”

“I haven’t seen you in forever!”

“I know!”

“HI!”

He laughed at that “Hi!”

Then he stepped away and Bill came over as if he was going to hug me, but Elliot stepped in front of me right before he could.

“Hi, I’m Elliot.” He said and held out his hand for Bill to shake, any other time I probably would have been really mad at him for doing that, but right now after remembering everything he did I didn’t really even want to look at bill.

“Bill.” He responded looking slightly annoyed.  

After that I went over and took a seat in between Zach and Evan to make sure I was across the room from Bill. Zach opened his mouth as if he were about to question how I knew them, but I gave him a look and he closed it. Gustav and Georg already knew the back-story. I had met them a couple times before so they didn’t question anything.

For the rest of the time we were there I spent most of my time catching up with Tom. I talked with Georg and Gustav a bit, but they were mostly talking to Zach, Elliot, and Evan. It was really hard for me to not just go rattling off in German, but I SUCEEDED! I made sure to try to not even look at Bill, I could tell he was upset but I just couldn’t face him yet.

-

“So what was up with you and that guy earlier?” Questioned Evan, we were chilling at Elliot’s house.

“Depends which guy are you talking about, I know too many guys you have to be specific.”

“The one with the black hair, Bill was it?”