Chapter 36

I walked back to my trailer in silence. Greg and I talked for almost 3 hours, so I didn't expect Emma to be awake. It was already dark and cold outside. Too cold for my taste, to be honest. I hated smoking outside when it was cold and rainy, but I decided to do it anyway. I knew Emma hated when I smoked, but I just needed one single cigarette. One little drag before bedtime!

I knew that I was a heavy smoker, but sometimes I just didn't care.

I lit my cigarette under the pent roof and stood staring at Norman's trailer. I really missed Norman and I looked forward to spend some more time with him again, but I just didn't want to see him overstretch himself. I couldn't help but feel guilty for what happened to him. I hated Jason, I really did. Every time his name crossed my mind I wanted to kill him. All that stuff he did to Emma made me so angry inside.

"Jeffrey" Emma whispered as she opened the trailer door. I turned around and looked at her, slowly removing the cigarette from my mouth. "Are you coming baby, I can't sleep, not without you" She said, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear. I stubbed out my cigarette and looked to my feet. "I don't care anymore Jeffrey, you can smoke if you want to" She said with a tired voice, smiling at me.

I didn't know why she changed her mind about me smoking, but her old opinion seemed to be non existing. I grabbed her hand and she led me inside the trailer. She slowly wrapped her arms around my waist and hugged me tightly. I placed my chin above her head and stroked her back slowly. She was tired and exhausted, and so were I.

"I love you, Emma" I whispered, kissing her forehead.

We just stood there for minutes before I picked her up. I placed her on the bed and slid off my jeans, undressing myself slowly as she covered her body with the comforter. I climbed in next to her and wrapped my arm around her. "Even when you're tired... you look so beautiful" I whispered, running my fingers through her hair. "Jeffrey..." Emma said, looking up at me. "Just hold me" She whispered, closing her eyes. "Okay..." I replied, placing a soft kiss on her neck.

We fell a sleep in each others arms and it felt wonderful. I was going to miss her so much, even tough we only were going to be separated for 2 and a half day.

**

"Wake up, beautiful" I whispered, rubbing Emma's cheek. I always woke up before Emma and I loved waking her up with tender kisses, so that's exactly what I did. "It's time to get up" I chuckled, kissing her stomach. Emma slowly smiled at me and ran her fingers through my messy hair. "I love waking up to this" She chuckled, cupping my dimpled cheeks. I placed a soft little kiss on her lips and climbed out of bed.

"I can't drive you to the airport, but Greg promised me to drive you" I said and pulled a clean shirt over my head.

"Okay" Emma sighed, rubbing her arm slowly

"Okay" Emma sighed, rubbing her arm slowly. I walked over to the bed again and sat down beside her. "Baby.. why are you so sad suddenly? it's only two days" I said, intertwining our fingers. "I don't know, I just hate being away from you" She said, stroking her stomach softly. "You're not completely alone" I smiled, looking down at her little belly. Emma smiled at me and placed my hand on her stomach.