Chapter 44

"Mom, I was going to tell you, it was supposed to be a surprise!" I said, waiting for her reaction.

Jeffrey walked over to the kitchen island and opened the cabinet, grabbing a glass on the shelf. He filled the glass with cold water, whilst Andrew found a chair for my mom.

My mom was unable to express her opinion, she just stood there staring at me. She clearly didn't know what to say, which caused an awkward atmosphere in the room.

"Patricia, drink this" Jeffrey offered, handing her the glass. "You can sit down if you want to, Mrs Green" Andrew added, placing a bar stool next to her.

"Aren't you happy?" I asked in despair, looking at my mom, still waiting for her reaction.

Jeffrey placed himself next to me, grabbing my shaky hand. He knew that I was nervous and he wanted to comfort me. His warm hand sent an electric feeling through my arm. It kind of made me feel safe.

"I don't know what to say...Emma, I don't think you are ready to take care of a child" My mom suddenly uttered. "I know you guys are engaged, but you have only been with Jeffrey for hmm..."

"Eight months" Jeffrey interrupted, letting go of my hand, walking towards my mom.

"Ever since Emma and I started dating, you have been against us! I'm still surprised that you even let me marry her, it didn't seem to be a problem at the beginning, but now it suddenly is?" Jeffrey said in anger, raising his brown eyebrows

"I'm glad you and Emma are going to get married soon, but don't you think that you are way too old to have kids now? You are 45, Jeffrey! Emma is 26..." My mom declared, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Mom, how dare you talking to Jeff like that!" I shouted.

"Dad has always liked Jeffrey more than you, I know that, I'm not stupid! But if you can't respect my future husband and future father of my child, you have to leave, right now" I underlined, pointing at the front door.

"Emma, I'm your mom-"

"Right now, I actually don't care, I'm tired of drama and negative people. Leave!" I yelled in anger as tears streamed down my sore cheeks. Jeffrey's eyes widened as the words escaped my dry mouth. He had never heard me speak to any of my family members like that.

"I'm very disappointed, Emma" My mom hissed as she walked through the front door.

As soon as the front door closed, I collapsed. Jeffrey grabbed my heavy body just before it hit the cold floor. Andrew came to my rescue too. The last thing I remember before I passed out, was Jeffrey's calm and soothing voice.

I woke up to the sound of Jeffrey's rusty snoring. His arms were wrapped around my waist and his nose was pressed against my neck. He held me like he was afraid of letting me go, like he was afraid of losing me. At the foot of the bed, Sammy guarded us with his life.

I gradually turned around, wrapping my short arms around Jeff. I cried into his tattooed chest and his grip tightened as he woke up.

"Don't cry Emma, I'm not going anywhere, I'm right here" He whispered as he ran his hand down my back, rubbing it gently.

"She hates me, Jeffrey" I whispered, by now I was sobbing uncontrollably.

"Baby, shhhh" Jeffrey replied, kissing my forehead, trying to calm me down.

I listened to Jeffrey's heavy heartbeat as he spoke to me. No matter what, Jeffrey could always make me feel better. He had that effect on me. An effect that made me love him more than life itself.

"We have been through a lot, but this is not going to destroy us. Tomorrow we are going to the ultrasound scanning at the hospital, no matter what! You're my best friend, my partner in crime, my fiancé, my future wife and the future mom of my child. You are irreplaceable and I love you so much, Emma" Jeffrey said, placing a soft kiss on my lips.

"I love you too, Jeffrey" I cried into the kiss.

"Please stop crying, it hurts to see you so upset" Jeffrey whispered as he pulled away.

I tightened my grip around him and nuzzled my head against his hairy chest.

"I can't live without you" I whispered, closing my eyes. 

--------

Very short chapter, sorry. I'm traveling to England tonight, so I'm finally going to explore London! Yay, I'm so excited. I'm sorry about the short chapter, I just wanted to update before I leave #CyaDenmark. I hope you guys are having an amazing summer so far. Roskilde Festival was amazing. If you wanna follow my trip, feel free to add my snapchat: Malke_ko or my private instagram: monson.m 

If you wanna read more JDM fictions, you can always check out my new book "Petrichor". The chapters of the book are going to be very detailed and long. I'm still working on my English, and so far I think I have improved a lot since I started writing. 

I'm back soon. 

xoxo Michelle