Chapter 47

I closed my eyes as I blew the cigarette smoke out of my mouth. I ran my hand through my messy, oily hair and sighed. I didn't know what to do nor what to think. What Emma had said to me hurt. "Fuck....". I stubbed out my cigarette and went back inside. I slowly closed the balcony door and drew the grey curtains. I stared at the bedroom door for five minutes; I wanted to talk with Emma, be with her and smooth things out. I couldn't, I just couldn't. I sighed heavily again and decided to sleep on the couch as I had told her. She probably didn't want my company anyway.

I woke up to the sound of Emma entering the kitchen. I rubbed my eyes as I looked up at her figure. She was standing behind the kitchen island, staring intensely at me, almost looking like she wanted to say something. Nothing came out of her mouth, not even a single word.

I pushed myself up from the couch and stretched my back. As I walked towards Emma I grabbed my iPhone in my back pocket. I wanted to prove that she was wrong, so I handed her my phone. 

She refused me.

I broke the silence.

"Look at it, you know my password

"Look at it, you know my password..look at it, Emma!" I hissed, placing the phone in her hand.

"No, Jeffrey. I don't wa- want to"

"Do you really want to start a fight? Listen to me, I did nothing wrong and you just accuse me of being some sort of fucking dickhead. You make me feel like I'm Jason.... a cheating, disgusting man with no morals. Do you even know how much that shit hurts, do you!?" I yelled, slamming on the table. "I took you under my wings, I do anything for you, I work my ass off every damn day so we can get dinner on the table and you are pretty fucking ungrateful right now, sweetheart" I added in frustration.

I was so hurt that I couldn't control my temper anymore; every word just flew straight out of my mouth.

Emma was speechless.

"Un...fucking...believable!"

"Jeffrey....." Emma whispered, placing her hands on her baby belly.

"What?!"

Emma widened her eyes and gasped. She looked like someone had given her a thump in the stomach and it scared the hell out of me.

"What's wrong, baby?" I quickly asked, placing my hand on her shoulder.

"Jeffrey...." She screamed, lifting her nightdress.

There was blood everywhere; it ran down her legs onto the floor and created a pool of thick blood. We both began to panic and Emma almost fell when she saw my facial expression.

"There is something wrong with the baby Jeffrey...." Emma cried, looking down at herself.

"No- no...this is not happening, this can't be true..." I sobbed, holding Emma in my arms. "We got to call an ambulance...now!" I yelled, grabbing the phone on the table.